Bronya - Take a break

Hauled over her desk, writing furiously to finish all the essential documents to completely reinstate the Silvermane guards to the underground, Bronya was completely wiped out. As her faithful assistant, your main priority was to help her, in any way you could. 

"Lady Bronya. I have scheduled an immediate day of complete and total relaxation." 

"Unfortunately, this cannot wait." Rubbing her temples, she appreciated the thought, not wanting to get mad at your sincerity. 

"Ah, but unfortunately I have cancelled all your meetings. This is now your main priority Lady Bronya." You smiled, knowing how she would react. 

It was like this ever since you were assigned to be her attendant as children. She would work herself silly until she passed out over her desk, determined to prove to her mother that she could be someone great. A leader who would revolutionize the alliances between the two worlds. 'To make the world a better place', those were the words she used to whisper before she fell asleep.

"Y/N. You know why I can't-"

"I will take care of all the fine details. This is a day that I have specially picked out just for you. The date with the least conflicts in schedule, the best weather, and your favorite artists in the town square." You make an effort to point out, making a deal that she can't refuse. 

"Will you come with me?" 

"I will tag along. I know how much you adore my company." You joke, but she takes it to heart. 

"I do." She whispers, standing from her desk to appease you for all your efforts. 

Grabbing her coat, you place it tenderly over her arms. She smiles gently, knowing that no matter how hard she worked, you would work just as hard, just for her. 

Gepard followed behind the both of you as security detail, the small group of knights was subtle enough not to draw too much attention, but still properly protect the Supreme Guardian. 

The first stop was the bookstore. Pela had taken the time off her busy schedule to sit down and converse with Bronya, as the two shared a vivid interest in the history of Belobog.

Though, you knew that she enjoyed fairy tales more than most. The stories her mother would tell her, each without a happy ending, comforted her somehow. Wrapped in the cold embrace of the woman who raised her, no horrors could touch her, merely lulling her to sleep.

Watching as the two began to talk, you rushed to the flower shop next door and picked up your order of her favorite flower. They were simple orange lilies that could attract Papilio butterflies to them. 

Bringing her the small clip of flowers that she could pin to her dress, she looked at you in a sense of awe and adoration. "You remembered?" 

"You've always liked them since you were a child." 

Recalling how she used to stare at the butterflies in the garden, moments before they would fly away forever. You wanted to recreate this small memory for her. She got up from her chair and wrapped her arms around you, asking you to pin it where you thought fit best. 

"Here." There was a small space by her shoulder, in similar fashion to the way her mother used to dress her clothes with a frayed purple sprawled design. 

"Gepard, allow me a moment to step away from the guards." 

"Not possible Lady Bronya. Not after the speaker was shot down during their speech last month." Gepard answered stoically. He remembered bitterly how that ordeal had played out, barely accepting your plan to take the Supreme Guardian out at all. 

Sighing, Bronya missed the opportunity to get you something in return, knowing it wouldn't be much of a surprise if you followed her. 

The next destination on the list was a small restaurant that would frequently play Serval's music with cover bands. Gepard was nodding along in the back, you knew how much the knight appreciated his sister's talent, so this moment was for the both of them. 

"Y/N. I can't thank you enough." Bronya felt content with the day, grabbing onto your arms and rubbing small circles with her thumbs. 

"It's not over quite yet Lady Bronya." You smiled in return, finishing up her remarks and fine-tuning her documents while she enjoyed a pleasant and light meal at the pub. 

Your final gift to her, was a statue of her mother. It was a gift more to the people, as it depicted Cocolia in the middle of the square, reading a book to the children of Belobog. A girl with the likeness to Bronya was stationed at her side, standing proud as she held a single Papilio butterfly in her hands. 

Fighting a sudden urge to cry, Bronya intertwined your fingers together. "You know me, probably better than I know myself." 

"I do love you. That's just something that love does to people." 

"I love you too." Placing a small kiss on your cheek, she was far too bashful to attempt any more overt contact while in public. She would make it up with a much more graceful kiss when the two of you managed to get somewhere private. 

There was a sense of security with you, a stability that she could depend on. She needed that more than ever, after the passing of her mother, and the responsibility of running both worlds on her shoulders. You were the one person she could turn to, through the worst and best of times. 

"Y/N, this may seem a bit sudden, but-"

"Of course." 

"How?-"

"I don't need to know. I will follow you into fire, into hell and back. I fell in love with you Bronya Rand, whenever you need me, I'm there." You vowed, kissing her on the lips as she struggled to hide her emotions. A briming joy in her eyes. 

"And I had built up so much courage. Ahh- might as well go for it." 

"Huh-"

"Will you marry me?" the Supreme Guardian of Belobog got down on her knee and proposed to you, then and there. Before the admiring eyes of her people, and the love of her life. 

"Hell and back." You answered, taking the ring and wrapped your arms lovingly around her. 

---X---

A/N: Reading the character stories always makes me cry, like, what do you mean Cocolia was a good mother?? You can't do that to me...

Also, the Papilio butterfly is a reference to the outfit worn by Seele Volleri in HI3, dubbed Papilio Lilly. 

I assume that the flowers that surround Veliona and Seele are white lilies or jasmines, so that's where the idea for the flowers came from. 

Thank you so much for reading! 

(Maybe fluff is my thing) [Nah]