Seele - Unity comes at a Price (Bodyguard AU)

"With all due respect, Supreme guardianship, she hates my guts." 

"That's not something that I can fix between you. Seele is the most qualified guide to the underworld." She states while rubbing her temples, the stress of the guardianship seemed to be taking a toll. 

As a dutiful member of her inner circle, you decided to make her life easier, even if it made yours harder. Preparing to set off into the dreaded underground city. Ever since you were young, your parents had a grudge against the underground, they believed them inferior to the upperworld. Having never been to the underground yourself, you were hesitant to say you too held such stigma against the word below. 

As you packed your bag you embarked towards the sky trains, the direct link to the underground and overworld. Your guide stuck out like a sore thumb, her violet outfit and vibrant hair of the same color. 

"Good morning, Ms.Seele." You held out a hand to her, but she declined to even look at you. Heading onto the sky train and forcing you to quickly follow her pace. 

The ride from the overworld to the underground was a jarring sight, the brilliance of light that was suddenly cut short into a place completely illuminated by lanterns. It was an eternal midnight within the underground. You wondered just how much electricity was needed to keep the lights on at all times of the day. 

"You could at least try to hide your disdain." 

"It's not disdain, Ms.Seele." You admitted, looking upon the city in confusion.

"Gross, stop calling me that." 

She walked off the train, and immediately you felt the difference between the stations. The upper crust had multiple benches and flowers. Though, the underground was more of a vandalized and re-purposed sleeping area. Tents were posted throughout the station, with children running around and staring at you strangely. 

You noticed how even though the bridge between the overworld and underground had been amended, the true differences between the two would never be solved with just a train. The underground was hot, a steaming pit of people. You supposed that the reason they didn't require as many heaters was because the underground had a natural insulation from the eternal frost. 

Which you noted was probably why Ms.Seele decided to wear such revealing clothing. You didn't blame her, taking off your layers of clothing and shoving them into your luggage. In nothing but a tank top you envied her for such a loose and flowing outfit. You decided it would be best to take a look into your bag, just to check that you'd properly prepared for the venture. Scolding yourself for not having taken a third look while you were still packing. 

"You might want to hold onto your luggage." 

"Huh? Hey!-"

The moment you looked away a figure had run up and stolen your luggage. Seele laughed, "Good, now it'll be a shorter visit." 

It was clear that Seele had a grudge against you, her rage was not unprecedented as your parents had been some of the main advocators to cutting off the underworld. You rationalized to atone for their mistakes. It was now that you realized atonement would take a while. 

Seele had taken the both of you to a clinic, it was stated that this was the unofficial place of residence for the leader of Wildfire, Oleg. Thinking you were supposed to be meeting with Wildfire you tried to straighten yourself accordingly. 

Though, upon looking around you froze. A horrible feeling of dread and neglect filled your mind as you truly soaked in the pain your parents had advocated for. There was a plethora of children slumped over rusted hospital beds, coughing from the tense atmosphere underground.