Caelus - What you've done (Yandere reader)

A/N: HI! Quick note here, because I took an incredible amount of liberty in my depiction of "Yandere". It's not the typical 'crazy person goes on a killing spree'. Because that's basically just a serial killer. 

I think it's definitely acts of passion that can lead to murder, not only criminal insanity. So, in this there are a couple of warnings I want to give. 

TW: Death, implications of intended murder, violence, obsession

NOTE: You will be given a choice in this. What you choose will severely change the ending. 

---X---

Human nature can be quantified in the idea that we have no concept of restraint. There is the idea that there is a breaking point, one that most dare not touch, but others will tread. The greatest question one can ask, is where to draw that line. How long after someone is pushed, will they finally reach the end? 

You had been married to your husband for nearly a decade. He was a sweet man, who seldom spoke aloud. Though, you thought that his silence was an act of love. That he didn't need words to explain how he felt. 

Many begged to disagree with you, mainly your family- who after they objected to your wedding- you emancipated yourself from. You couldn't understand why they felt so bitter of your union. 

You loved him after all, wasn't that enough? 

"I made a meatloaf dinner dear." You brought the hot plate of baked meat into the dining room, placing it between the two of you. You marveled at your efforts, as the different food's you'd prepared were placed along the table. It was the large home meal he had requested. 

He said nothing, only digging into a baked potato. He wordlessly stared between his plate and a paper he had gathered from outside. Your mouth twitched as you tried to ignore it. 'It', the tense atmosphere that clouded the room. The fact that in all your years together he barely spoke more than a few words a week. 

You stared at the long table, the multiple feet of distance that pushed you away from him. Taking a sip of wine, you asked him, "What of my hair? Does it look nice?" You placed a hand to the new style you were eager to try out. 

"Yep." 

Closing your eyes you envisioned, him staring up at you, placing his paper aside, and gazing longingly into your soul. You mouthed the words, "You look beautiful today Y/N." Words you would kill to hear come out of his mouth. 

Reality was cruel, a lonesome truth that you were living in. He went to bed first, leaving you to clean up all the plates, and put away all the food. You scrubbed at the plates, finding yourself upset, you nearly smashed it on the ground. Though, just before you could angrily fling the soap covered dish upon the ground you realized- No matter how many plates you smashed, your husband would not run down to tend to you. 

In fact, he might have just been more upset than concerned. 

You gave up, placing the dishes into the rack and heading up to bed. He sat there, reading, not even bothering to glance up at you. It was almost funny, as you began to wonder if he truly loved you. 

Climbing into bed with him the both of you sat there, without a word. He didn't look over, not bothering to utter a word. "Good night, Caelus." 

He turns out his nightlight and pulls the covers over his shoulder. You fight a tear that swells in your vision. Had it been any other day, you'd be a sobbing mess. Though, you had realized it now, he just didn't love you the way he used to. 

The last thing he said to you that night was, "I have an important meeting, I won't be home till late." Hearing that brought a sense of security, that he was willing to at least tell you that much. It meant he still loved you, right?