Jing Yuan - Don't leave me

"You can't keep pushing me around just because you're a little bit taller than me!" He exclaimed, jumping and swatting at your hand. You laughed at his attempt to stop you from teasing him for being so much shorter than you were. 

"Can't stop me if you can't reach me." Sticking your tongue out, he just hung onto your arm, his feet off the ground as he swung a bit. He dangled there until master Jingliu approached the both of you, accompanied by Blade who clung to her side. 

He hid behind her leg as she approached you and Jing Yuan, to which Jing Yuan promptly dropped off your arm while the two of you paid your respects. 

"Sifu." 

"Sifu!" 

"I see you both prefer to slack off instead of training?" Jingliu deemed you both slackers in that one moment of break. Taking a branch from a nearby tree she forced you and Jing Yuan to squat in a horse stance, a low and grounded position that hurt after a few seconds. If either of your forms slipped from perfection, she would smack you with the branch. 

"Ow! Sifu this is like child abuse." 

"You-" She pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to find it within herself not to dig you a tiny little grave. After your little comment you were forced to run laps around the training ground. 

"Blade, you go too." She ordered, he looked shocked but didn't argue, following close behind you. You noticed how bashful he was every time you would look back at him. Waving at him you neglected to watch the ground and tumbled over a pebble. 

Blade covered his mouth in shock and Jing Yuan turned away, trying not to laugh at you. "Don't mock me Jing Yuan!" 

"The taller they are the harder they fall!" He joked, slipping from his horse stance. Master Jingliu smacked him a whole bunch which made you laugh in return. 

You would come to regret not savoring these moments, as the three of you grew older- the truth of what you'd been training for finally emerged. No more than teenagers the three of you followed your master into the city, riding along horseback from the country. 

"It's amazing." 

"It's stuffy." Blade retorted, picking at his collar in irritation. 

"Look! They have bean buns!!" You jumped off your horse, much to your master's dismay once she saw you lazing around. "Y/N, get back on your horse! We are going to the capital, why must you stuff yourself?" 

You grabbed a couple of buns and threw a handful of gold at the vendor, who's eyes grew wide upon seeing the bounty you had offered him. Riding your steed up to the front of the caravan you reached Jing Yuan, who slowed his horse to match your speed. 

"Want one?" 

"Ok!" Taking the bean bun from your hand, he blushed a bit, feeling how warm your hand was. 

"It was recently steamed." After he took a bite, his face lit up like a bulb. You didn't hesitate to dig into yours, you had burnt your tongue on accident. "Hot hot hot." You waved air into your mouth as if it would help.

Jing Yuan smiled radiantly with a soft chuckle, handing you some water to wash it down. 

"Blade, do you want some?" You called to him. Unresponsive, he stuck closely to master's side, riding with his head forwards, ignoring the two of you. "I'm just going to throw it to you!" 

You chucked it to him, but he didn't catch it, as the bun smacked him on the face you and Jing Yuan stifled a laugh. He didn't seem as amused by it, as the bun fell to the ground with him glaring back at you.