Serval - Architect's dream

You were set as the next heir of the Supreme Guardianship, as your mother had deemed you more worthy of the position than Cocolia. Your mother saw the value in your lack of outward emotion as a sign of good leadership qualities. 

Though, you were not emotionless, simply better at hiding them than Cocolia. Of course, this difference caused a major rift in your relationship with your sister, with her constantly in competition with you. For unlike you, Cocolia indeed had a lot to prove if she wanted your mother's approval. 

"Y/N. You did excellent work implementing newer resource management protocols for the underworld." Your mother praised, you simply lowered your head in acknowledgement, maintaining a stiff stance with a straight back. It had become routine for you, a reflex. To hide your intentions behind a wall of stoicism was the norm. 

Cocolia however could not hide the side-glances she would throw your way in jealousy.

"Cocolia, your outrage during my conference set us back at least a decade in progress." Your mother began to scold, Cocolia huddled into herself, fighting a wave of tears that poked at her face. 

Feeling the urge to reach out, you paused. Closing your eyes and ignoring the storm of beratement your mother had sent upon Cocolia. As children the two of you shared everything, food, clothes, and joy. Though, as your mother cracked down upon one of you to take the mantle of guardianship, Cocolia changed- you changed. 

"Mother I-"

"You dare speak? I have given you the right to live in luxury, the least you could do is appease me." She hollers above Cocolia's cries, her anger builds as she approaches Cocolia. 

"Mother!" You blurt out, fear culminating in your eyes as her angered glare is thrown your way. 

"She doesn't mean to disgrace you. She's trying-"

Your mother takes a quick look at you, her face covered in a veil of shadows. She slaps you, moving her hand across your face in a blindsided rage. 

You stand in a silent daze, bringing a hand to your throbbing cheek. 

"I didn't ask for your interjection. Get the hell out." 

You and Cocolia leave from your mother's chambers. The whispers that climb from under the heavy wooden doors shake you, as you swear you could hear her conversing amongst herself. Confidently screaming to an entity that would only make itself known to her. 

"You didn't have to stand up for me." 

"I know." 

The both of you stayed there, just for a moment. The only moment in which the both of you could breathe. In such a large, decorated hallway, packed with the frames of the previous supreme guardians, it felt so suffocating. You looked up at the wall in envy, the photo of your mother hung gracefully above a mantle of Belobog's crest. Though, just beside it, two grand windows that poured a blinding light into the stifling hall. 

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Cocolia asked, staring in awe at your mother's painting. 

"Yes. I suppose it is." You responded quietly, peering out the window into the city below. 

You noticed a single figure playing in the street. Her long golden hair danced in the wind as she strummed a song she'd created. Leaving the hallway to your sister's bidding you made your way from the building to where the street performer was.

Once you'd gotten to the bottom of the stairs you could see her up close. The brilliant magnitude of her hair, and the large smile plastered over her face. 

She sung with such passion. A beautiful sound, that resonated with you and a small crowd. The more she played the longer you were inveloped in the sound of her voice and the music she made.