Luka - It's on

The stage was in the midst of being cleaned in preparation for the next fight in the brawler tournament. Checking your attire quickly, you smiled upon realizing that you were completely decked out for hosting one of the greatest underground matches in the underworld. 

With a booked crowd cheering in anticipation for the contestants to take the stage, it was your job to keep them entertained while waiting for the main attraction to arrive. The one and only, fire starter, heart breaker, Luka himself. 

"You look amazing today. Carrea Jones doesn't know what they're talking about." Luka compliments, sitting on the very edge of his seat. Having overheard his opponent trash-talking you for messing up their introduction in their last match. 

"Not bad yourself Luka. Though, I couldn't care less what Carrea Jones thinks." You noted, wiping a bit of dust off your suit. 

"Nevermind all that. All those people are out there! You're going to impress a whole bunch of people today." 

"Too bad I only want to impress one person." He pouts, leaning his head on his hand while he stares at you getting ready. 

"Oh? Haha- With you in the ring, this whole stadium's gonna start a rave." 

"Knock 'em dead out there Y/N." 

"That's my line- Luka." You smirked, strutting out onto the stage with a grand gesture in order to welcome all the faces in the crowd. The lights dimmed over you as you could feel the tension in the room start building. 

"Ladies, gents, bots- welcome! Today is the day we get to see the biggest match in showdown history!" 

The burning lights begin to cause a bit of sweat to roll down your face. You wondered if Luka would be alright with so much strobe, though, with him in the zone, nothing would throw him off his game. Not even these massive lights.

Little did you know that Luka had a bit more in this fight than he led on. Initially it was supposed to be a nice clean fight, that was until his opponent started to dish out some unnecessary commentary about you. They pointed out whatever flaws they could, irritating Luka to no end. That idiot was about to taste the full fury of his fist, a cold serving of bitter metal, for so much as looking at you sideways. 

To say that Luka was a bit overprotective was an understatement. You had been his biggest supporter since the both of you were children, the least he could do was defend you honor, in or out of the ring. 

"Introducing the Crimson Fire - Luka!" Pointing to his corner, where the red-haired man stood in waiting. Feeling the eager attention of the roaring crowd, Luka raised his arm into the air, as if to say, 'I'm going to win, so lay down and play dead already'. 

A bit intimidated by the fierce look in his eye, his opponent, Carrea, readied their stance and began to throwdown. 

"And 3...2...1! Fight!" Backing up a bit, you were stunned to see Luka land a foul punch to his opponent's jaw in two seconds flat. 

"Ooh! And we're taking time folks." 

Rushing over to his corner you let go of the mic, looking at his sweat covered face. Patting dry some of the beads dropping off his nose with a towel, he gently pushed your hand aside. 

"Luka?" 

"Don't worry. I'm good now. Just needed to get it out of my system." He smiled, appreciating your affectionate stare. 

Noting how you totally didn't buy into his little fib, he held onto your hand, bringing it to his heaving chest. "Really. I'm good." With such sincerity in his eyes you sighed, not bothering to question him when he already gave you his word. 

Luka focused on his opponent, Carrea now shaking a bit after the uncanny encounter they'd just witnessed. Unsure if Luka was just going to play dirty the whole match, the opponent began to square up, bringing their shoulders in and their hands up, waiting for another punch. 

With a bit of a groan, Luka readied himself. Staring at you in the spotlight, how vibrant you looked calling his name to the crowd. There was a part of him that just wanted to capture this moment forever, as you reached a hand to him, introducing him once again to the bustling crowd. 

"Start!" 

With a fast dodge, Luka was right underneath his opponent's weak spot. Landing a couple hits to their stomach as Luka got knocked in the face. Though, that was nothing as he cocked his head to the side and wiped off the sweat from his mouth. 

It was then that you started wondering if you should advocate for mouth guards with all these illegal face punches. Though, the underground arena didn't exactly have very many rules, or rules at all for that matter. What people wanted to see was a good fight, and that was exactly what Luka was bringing to the table. 

Carrea wasn't doing well. "This guy- thinks he's all that because he's got a bit of prosthetics?" They scoffed, talking to their coach with a distrusting glare. Hearing them speak, Luka glared at Carrea, sending a chill down their spine. 

The first round had concluded, with only one more needed to secure a victory. With the stage lights being ramped up to the max, Luka began to sweat a ton, taking off his over coat and his shirt, stripping down into only his pants. 

That display of muscle made his opponent even more terrified of what was to come, especially since they knew that Luka wasn't holding any punches in this match-up. You got a moment to watch Luka's back cover with a ton of sweat. Envying the look of his metallic arm in the spotlight, reflecting a sense of power as he readied himself. 

As you called for the beginning of the next round, he almost had a hard time looking away from you. Quickly regaining his sense of urgency as he took a punch to the gut. Ready to strike back, Luka barred his fists. 

Fast punches and an array of lightning quick motions, each packing a sturdy punch behind them. It was an easy win as Luka uppercut Carrea in the gut, sending them to the other end of the ring, sending them flying into the railing as they hung their head in defeat. 

"There you have it! Our winner!" You exclaimed, holding his arm up as you offered him the prize. Though, Luka didn't accept it at first, instead placing a small kiss on your face, right beside your ear. "This is a nice prize." 

The crowd began to cheer his act of affection. He watched you burst out laughing, an illuminating smile on your face as you waved him off into his changing room. Catching up to him you raised a brow, "What was all that about, Cassanova?" 

"Nothing, sorry." Luka smiled, changing his shirt and placing a towel over his shoulders. 

Handing him a bottle of cold water you smirked, "Next time, you should get a bigger prize. Especially if you did all that just for me." 

"You knew?" 

"You're not one to play dirty. I know you Luka. Which is why-" You closed your eyes, smiling as you placed a small kiss on his lips. "You should get a better prize." 

Getting ready for the last match of the night, Luka watched you step out from his room. Smirking as he realized that his next fight would be one for the money. Since his prize was about to get a whole lot sweeter. 

---X---

A/N: Look...I know he's not even out yet, but his lightcone is! So, that counts for something. 

PLUS, LOOK GUYS, FLUFF!!?? Can I be forgiven yet...?

Thank you so much for reading! (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧