Yaoshi - Hand in Hand (Slight NSFW)

All of Yaoshi's hands began to curve around your body, lifting your chin, weaving over your shoulders and down your back. 

"I will help you." 

"I do not need your help, Yaoshi." You respond coldly, wiping their decrepit claws from your robes. 

"Why must you push me away?" Lowering their head, Yaoshi extends vines around your body, snaking up over your form. Leaning upon your shoulder, you gave in, returning to the Aeon's embrace under their magnanimous tree. 

"As long as you are in my arms, I will never allow harm to come of you." Yaoshi smiles as their long smooth hair covers your eyes. Affectionately holding you to their immortal body, the Aeon drags you into their arms. "You, my precious Y/N...must remain by my side as we heal this empire of broken cosmos." 

Such was a promise made near eons ago. 

--x--

Meeting Yaoshi was not of your own volition, nothing more than a human living peacefully upon your planet until it was visited by the Aeon. Originally considered a divine blessing, the moment that the golden rays of the plagues author entered the home of their eternal worship- began the insanity of your people. 

"This is a miracle!" Your mother called, wide eyes to the sky as she fell to her knees. 

Upon looking up at the immortal figure, their presence was covered with a blinding presence that refused to allow you to see their true form. The feeling of your mother dragging you down to the ground to pay your dues to the being they called 'God', sent a shiver down your spine. 

You feared that the reason for such a visit may not be as generous as your people believed. 

"Y/N, we have chosen you to be of the few sent to meet with the divine." The priest informed you, asking you to get dressed for the immortal with ceremonial attire. 

"What an honor!" Your mother exclaimed. 

"Mother-" 

"The divine has asked this of us, for their blessings of eternal fortitude, how could we resist? All the food we could want, and an infinite harvest!" The priest raises their arms in worship. 

"Of course..." 

Dragged off with two others, you are all asked to remove all your clothing. A bit uncomfortable with the idea of your exposed body before anyone's dark gaze, you opted to put on the ceremonial garbs yourself. Before you left for some privacy you noticed the other two offerings' expressions. The boy was dismayed, but the girl was overjoyed. 

Turning your back to the rest, you began putting on the official garments. Sheer, long flowing cloth that was lightly wrapped around your body. It didn't manage to cover much, leaving you a bit embarrassed. Over your arms and ankles, accents of gold were painted onto your skin. Feeling the assistants take the cold pastels to your body was shocking, as you could feel every brush stroke upon your delicate skin. 

The final piece was a translucent veil, which was only placed over your face. 

The other two wore complete masks, which was when you discovered that you were the sacrifice, and they were the accompaniments. This ritual had been done many times before, but such practices were not made clear to the public. 

From what you could recall, the two accompaniments were meant to be absorbed by the Aeon, dragged into their infinite soul and dispersed among their cells. As the sacrifice could be used by the Aeon in whatever fashion appeased them. 

You wondered if these truths would be condemned by the people, but you knew that your mother would encourage it to appease the gods. 

"Please, follow us." The attendants smiled; toothy grins that looked horribly forced on their face.