Blade - Runner (Rival AU)

(Please laugh, I think i'm funny.) 

You grit your teeth in anticipation, continuously flicking up and down the same blank page. Your mouth feels like dry sandpaper as the webpage repeats the same message, 'Awaiting results'.

 You noticed how bloodshot your eyes looked in the cracked reflection of your home screen. The rest of the class looked more concerned with the fact you hadn't moved for over an hour rather than your appearance. 

A couple of your peers asked if you were doing alright, some even questioned if you were being threatened at gunpoint, holding your phone like a lifeline. "Yeah, yeah, just, anxious-" You take a short moment to answer them before returning to refresh the page. 

"Hey, Idiot." Blade chuckles, "Results are posted tomorrow." He began to smirk as Kafka and Silver, his two enablers edged him on. 

The classroom ignores Blade's obvious insults, knowing that the reason he was called 'Blade' was because on his first day at the academy he stabbed someone with a switchblade. The reason Blade stated when asked by his teacher was, 'He was walking too slow'. 

"Asshole, I'm just trying to get ahead of the queue." You snap back, the room now in a sweaty silence. You hadn't intended on saying the first part aloud and smacked yourself in a frozen fear hearing a desk slam into the wall. The sounds on his footsteps pushing the other chairs around him in anger made you fear for your safety. 

"I'm in danger." You whisper, laughing in a moment of terror. 

You stand from your desk and run out the door in a hurry. Crashing against the lockers and stumbling to regain your footing as you bolted down the hall. 'No running!' A professor called, immediately hiding when they saw Blade's smirking face charge down the hall. 

They also called him 'Blade' due to the fact that on historical showcase night, he brought in a cracked sword and began swinging it around at people. It was a miracle no one was murdered that time. 

"Get back here Y/N!" He calls out with a flurry of anger woven into his deep voice. 

"NO!" You cry back, tears forming in wads as you realize he was really damn fast. "Ah! Stop following me-" You plead, finding your saving grace in the form of a teacher's longue. You find yourself laughing in fear, which strikes a chord in the unpredictable school menace. 

Slamming open the door you're horrified to see that no other person was currently inside the lounge. 'I'm screwed' you think, praying to the sky that if someone could hear you, they would help you. 

Completely out of sight from anyone else in the hallways Blade menacingly shuts the door behind him. Approaching you as you hide yourself under the desk. 

"Would you stop doing that? I'm not going to stab you- anymore." He says calmly, dark eyes searching the hallways. Noticing the coast was clear he takes the liberty to sprawl himself over the teacher's couch. 

"You're- not? Wait did you just say 'anymore'?" You ask apprehensively, peering from over the desk. He lunges at you, as if to bite you before faking out. As you tumble backwards, he laughs. He was surprisingly calm, not emulating the usual 'Stab you die' mentality he portrayed. 

"I don't have anything to stab you with. Anymore." He jokes, his sense of humor not completely foreign to you. Taking a breath of relief, you take a seat on the adjacent sofa to his. The way he laughed was similar to a cackle, but he managed to make it seem endearing. 

"Don't get the wrong idea- I'm only staying in here because I want to skip class." He scoffs, throwing his arms behind his head and kicking up his feet. His long hair draping onto the floor. You notice how his voice cracks, his unusual and low baritone voice raising an octave as his face lit up.