UNA #1

The moment mom told me that if she had aborted me, she would have spared herself getting stuck in this joke of a life, I realized that we did live in different worlds. But I was far from knowing how different.

Whenever I left the house, it was raining. It never occurred to me that people could have sunny mornings. I know this sounds far more pathetic than I mean this. Besides, I loved rain.

And mom. I did. Period. Well, that was another thing that happened to me that day. So, you could say, I had it coming. But isn't that something, everyone knows in hindsight?

So far everything was heading for Groundhog Day. Cass waiting at the bus stop, excited like a Yorkie on dope. And me, playing along, listening to all the amazing news on all the things I couldn't care less.

Cass knew, but that didn't keep her from going for it. The funny thing about her was that she was an impostor like me, but in a far more hilarious way. She so much knew about the bullshittiness of what she embodied. But it seemed she was trick-or-treating all year long, without the pranks. Apart from fooling everybody about herself.

You just had to look at her. She looked like a real-life-Barbie, but with Einstein's brains hidden inside. And that's how she got them all. She even made some people believe that her spending time with me was sort of a social project she was on.

While I was looking at her, pretending to listen, Cass updated me on all the latest gossip and scandals in our bubble world of high school. When I interrupted her to ask her how she could still be such a sunny character, while chewing on all that crap, she just smiled and said, "Why should I give in to illusions?"

Like this being the catchword, I recognized the first glitch.