UNA #25

"I know who you are and what you are doing here", I said immediately.

"I don't do anything to anybody. I just deliver, whatever it is they want me to do to them. Why are you here anyways, sister. Nobody here has called you."

I had no real idea, why I had said what I had said, or why I knew things about him, I couldn't even put into words, I just followed my newfound guidance from within myself. And that told me that I had one of the oldest and most powerful Amen in front of me. I also knew that I could only stand this encounter showing no doubt that would allow him to slip into my thoughts. Any trace of insecurity would open me up for the Shadow to get hold of me.

"Give me just a moment to speak to John. Then I will leave again."

"Why would I do that? You know that it is him who can do whatever pleases him to do", Shadow replied grinning.

"But you also know that you can make it easier for him to recognise me in the first place. Please, help me, big brother!"

"Ok, for Amen's sake, I'll let you play with him for a sec. But do not forget to return the favor!" he said, opening up his mouth into a huge black whole that vomited out a person in front of me, lying on the ground, while Shadow disappeared in an instant.

"John!' John! Can you hear me?"

The body looked more like a corpse than a living being. I had no idea if he could hear me, or if he was able to speak to me.

But then his limbs started to move. He was covered in mucus, so he had trouble opening his eyes. But then he looked at me in bewilderment.

"Where are you?", I asked him.

"I - I don't know", he answered in a broken voice. "This is no real place. But I am not alone here. They came for us, when we.."

"Enough!" Shadow shouted, and John was gone. "Now leave! You won't get beaten up by your big brother, will you?"

As soon as he had said that, I was thrown out of the dream, with more mysteries than before.