ELDION #3

We are all connected so deeply that it is the first thing you seem to forget. We Amen do not. That is why I immediately realized that Una was lost.

I appeared in the location where she had been the last. What I found there was this young man that she had let in. I had known that the burden of another unstable soul had the power to unroot her again from recovering.

The traveler, Una called Jason, was in a state of confusion and anguish. Although Una had already taken a great part of his guilt with her, he was still stricken by a grief so huge, that the pain it caused was still shown in his face that was much too young to bear such a heavy baggage.

"Where is she?" he wailed.

"She is there, where you have sent her!" I replied.

"You mean, I did that to her?"

"Not fully, and not willingly. But there is something you must discern about Una. She is the one of us. The one that merges with all the souls she touches. She has not been around for a long time like me, thus she is still struggling to comply with her gift. The girl that had brought her into the world had not released her to where she belonged to, and then when she was on the way of becoming what she was meant to be, it was your guilt that threw her back into her own oblivion.

Tears rolled down his cheeks. He was on the verge of breaking down. But I could also sense that love he had in his heart for Una. And that kept him going, despite the urge to give up.

"How can I save her?" he asked.

"You must return to your world and free yourself from all the prisons you have built to punish yourself."

"Who are you?"

"I am here to help. If you do your part, I am able to fulfill my task, helping Una to return. We are in this together. Can I rely on you, son?"

Jason just nodded his head, trying to convince himself of what he thought was too difficult to carry through.