JASON #16

Have you ever thought you're an impostor? The funny thing about me impersonating somebody else actually made me feel the best I had felt in a long time.

I was not drenched in sweat, I felt like on speed or some other drug. The possibility of getting rid of Jason and being this fancy doctor, having passed an ivy league university made me so confident, I couldn't help but smile the whole way through.

That's why I didn't sneak into the hospital. I walked in like I owned the place. I even exchanged warm hellos with people who might have thought we knew each other well.

I was so high that I did not just walk up straight to Cass's room, I even talked to a nurse, telling her that I would check up on her because I was a friend of the family.

Then I met her for the first time. Although nobody who had known her before she was laid down into this bed with all those breathing hoses and her weak physical condition would have probably agreed with me, I found her to be the most beautiful person I had ever seen.

Her pale, white skin looked like china. She seemed so innocent. That was the moment when I hesitated for the first time that day.

But seconds later I remembered the deeper cause I had come for. I took out the syringe and all the meds I needed.

I had watched videos, I had read articles on euthanasia. I really knew what to do next. So I filled the syringe with the barbiturates.

When I got closer to Cass, I could sense her warmth and her smell. I started to tremble. It was already enough to put a needle into someone. But to know that it would end the life of this person, was hard to bear.

When I looked at my trembling hand I doubted that I was able to do it. Still I was convinced to proceed.

I felt the tip of the syringe crack through the skin. I took a deep breath. I was about to give the shot and looked at Cass's face.

Suddenly she opened her eyes.