UNA #12

"That's why it is so important to wake up at any moment, no matter if it's day or night."

I couldn't help but laugh. And when Jason was about to ask me about it, I said, "So I guess, you must help me to wake up, that I can wake you up in return."

Jason's face turned into a warm and bright smile that could melt any heart. He nodded.

"I hope I can live up to that."
"Me too."

"So what's next?" he asked.

"You could join me getting things untangled with Cass. I mean, I don't even know what's mine and what's hers of all the things I have on my mind."

He looked at me and reluctantly said, "Maybe nothing of it. Chances are that you are none of what you believe to be right now. After all, you are no human being."

"But what if I don't like what I am?"

"Come on! That's like Superman saying that he hates his super powers."

"But I don't want to lose myself by finding myself."

We both had to laugh again.

"But there is one thing that really bothers me,'' Jason remarked. "Can I follow you into other people's dreams?"

I thought about this for a moment, but then I felt a sudden sense of certainty rising in me. "You know that there is no such thing as a dream, even if you call it that."

"And", Jason interrupted me, "it could be that I wake up or lose lucidity."

"So you must wish yourself to be with me, whenever you come back."

"Sounds like a plan to me. And an exciting one, too."

We decided to go back to the class together. On the way back Jason explained to me that in this dimension, as we had agreed to call it, every thought becomes reality much easier than in the one he used to call his world.

That meant that if we decided that he would be part of our class any time we wanted this to happen. At least that's how he hoped it would work out.

But when we entered the classroom and Cass turned to look at us, her eyes immediately widened in shock, she turned pale and quickly crawled under her desk, like a frightened animal. At the same time the whole room went dark.