JASON #21

It should have been no surprise for me that my parents would be there for me, the way they were. But after all this time of isolating myself in the waking world, it was a relief to feel so welcome and understood.

I felt how I gradually gained strength and energy. I also slept soundly, sometimes even without remembering any dreams.

But then, one night, I knew that it would be different, even before going to bed. I was curious what or who would encounter me in my sleep.

But when I stood in front of Cass in my dream, I had to be careful not to wake up, out of surprise and excitement.

She just stood there and smiled at me. I was not sure how I should approach her. But then she just hugged me, which answered a lot of questions in my head.

"I thought you are in need of this", she softly spoke into my ear. "Besides, as a future team, we need to be close anyways".

That was, when I recognized Eldion standing behind her.

"But how could you visit me in my dream? Wasn't that something that only Amen can do?"

"No, that is just a skill that has been forgotten for some time. But there were cultures among you that found it quite normal to communicate and meet in their sleep." Eldion replied.

"This time you got my aid, but I am rather confident that you are also able to connect here on your own. Now that we have come together, we should proceed with your training, because I can sense some urgency in the matter, as dark forces are also gathering."

"What forces do you speak about?" I wanted to know.

"Amen like me that want to use travellers as their gateway to gain power over your realm."

"And why do you need us? Aren't there others like Una and you, who have more power to stop them?" Cass asked.

"Good question, my dear. I think that we need reinforcement by humans that can directly influence and act in the world they live in. And that will be your part."

"But you know that we are not really powerful in our world, don't you?"

"Maybe not now, but that is about to change."