UNA #6

Have you ever had the feeling that your whole existence was just a bad joke? So I was sitting there on this corny beach, wondering what was more unreal. Me. Or the place.

My whole life felt so distant and blurry to me. I was lost in every sense of the word. But the funny thing was, that with every second that passed by, I felt this growing sensation of detachment.

I don't know. Maybe it should have felt bad, but actually it didn't. I looked at the waves rolling towards me, when I started feeling like being part of the waves, the sea and even the red sun, that hadn't moved an inch, since I got stranded here.

The immersion was so deep that the voice I heard next, had no chance of startling me. "Beautiful, isn't it?", it said.

I didn't bother to look because I knew the voice from before. It was the old man from the park. He looked a bit different this time. I can't say what it was, but it was as if he had this glow around him.

"Yes, I will answer your questions now", he said before I had time to ask.

"What's wrong with me?" I said.

"The only wrong thing, if there is at all, is your question. You are perfectly fine, my dear."

"But why do I feel so misplaced and lost?"

"Because you are. You have forgotten who you are. And hence you used your power to keep yourself stay away from the truth. It was just a matter of time until you would fall prey to the illusions that you had created. And now that your make up world is breaking down, you do too. At least, as long as you stay hidden as this school girl, that you are not."

I met his kind eyes that were full of wrinkles from smiling.

"Ok, who or what am I?"