CASSIOPEIA #4

While I was spending days watching my mother trying to be caring, but not sure who she was fending for, I was happily surprised that it was Una, who I first met in my dreams.

We immediately hugged, once she appeared on the scene, for what seemed a moment of eternity in bliss.

It felt so natural and at ease to be with her. She told me again about the way she had got lost in me, while trying to find herself.

The funny thing was that from what we knew then, we both sensed that it was so unimportant to find the differences, when our way was to ascend towards unity.

It was like having a twin sister I had always longed for. We seemed to be able to read each other's minds, or shall I say souls, even before anything was articulated anywhere.

With Una I had a glimpse of what it could be like to just be in a state of contentment and happiness, with absolutely no downsides.

She even had memories that I wasn't aware of. Like the one where she told me about this one birthday when I was 6 years old and dad was still around. She could describe every little detail, all presents and what everybody had said.

Just for fun, we asked mom about the presents, but she couldn't remember. But then we found a photo album that confirmed everything Una had stated.

Una tried to explain to me that our dreams were nothing more than the lives we wished to play out, or feared that they would happen to us.

But sometimes even positive dreams were nothing else but a display of what our egoic mind graved for, and in that respect they were even greater fears.

That was why it was so important to be aware in dreams because then you had the possibility to cope with everything the instant something was played out in front of you.

She also shared this experience seeing dad being ripped apart by this unfathomable creature. As I could not recall any of it, we both were not sure in which realm this had happened, so we decided to consult mom.

"What do you mean?", mom answered annoyedly, even in my dream. "He was the one who left us. How should I know where the bastard is?"