UNA #17

When the call came I already knew who it was going to be from. It is difficult to explain that you can be aware of everything and still not have all events apparent.

We were back in school, but major details were missing. Cass sat on the floor in an almost empty room.

She looked somehow sad, but at the same time, she seemed to be content and calm. I sat down next to her and took her hand. Cass leaned her head on my shoulder.

The best friend of my made up memory was gone. But still I felt so close to this beautiful soul. At the same time I sensed that something was going on.

"Do you know where you are?" I tried to ask her.

"No. Everything is just blurry and unclear. I only remember being at school and then ... nothing."

"But how come you can talk to me?" I wanted to know, remembering what Jason had told me about lucidity and dreams.

"I don't know. All I can feel is that you are here to help me, aren't you Una?"

"I am", I heard me saying, although I had no idea how without Jason.

But then she sat up, and looked me in the eyes, saying, "You must find a way to help me transition."

"Where to?"

"The afterlife. They told me that it is time for me to move on."

"Who's they", I wanted to know.

"Angels? Something like that. But I am stuck here. Can you come and release me?"

"No. Because I am bound in this realm that you call dreams. But maybe I know someone who could help. But..."

"But what?"

"It is the guy, you are afraid of because you stated that he killed you!"

Cass looked as if she was contemplating her situation.

"Honestly, I can't remember. But at least he knows how to do it then", she added with a smile that reminded me of the brilliant girl I got to love.