UNA #2

It was as if something was slightly touching the back of my neck, giving me goosebumps. I immediately felt there was more. So I turned around meeting the blunt and demanding stare of this guy standing on the other side of the street.

But before I could even figure out any who or what of the situation, Cass shoved me into the bus, ignoring my - as she would say - usual trip to wonderland, trying to drag me back into her blah blah.

As we sat down, I tried to have another look, but he was gone. So I gave in to Cass and her much too explicit description of her wannabe boyfriend Derreck, which made me seriously doubt my theory of her just pretending.

She must have sensed what I was thinking, when she looked at me, rolled her eyes and said: "You know honey, that having fun doesn't belong to the world of dumbasses. Anyways, all these dudes are still years away from being halfway mature enough to consider anything serious. In the meantime you can jump on the ride, finding out what you want and need. Because that's exactly what they do."

"If I was a genius like you, I could waste my time, having wet fantasies, but the regular type like me has to study before a test."

"Come on. Is your mom giving you a hard time again?"

"I don't know", I said, "sometimes I wished I could take everything more easily, like you do."

"But you are not me. Thank God!" Cass replied. "What kind of world would that be?"

That was the last thing she said before she vanished into thin air, like she had never existed.