JASON #20

Half an hour later, I was sitting on the porch with my parents, not knowing where to begin.

It was obvious that both of them were relieved and happy to have me round them, safe and sound.

"I guess I have really fucked it up." was the first sentence that passed my lips.

"Do you want to talk about it?" my mother immediately replied, and all three of us burst into a roaring laughter, giving way for all the energy that had built up.

I should mention that my mother was a therapist, and this sentence was sort of an inside joke whenever the danger was apparent of her trying to analyse a situation, instead of accepting her part in it.

I started to tell the whole story, about how I got kicked out of my relationship, how I gave in to the deadly relief of alcohol by almost killing Cass and how I had quit my life as successful creative in a world that I had hated.

And even before they could say anything, I went on to tell them about the realm of beings in the world of dreams. I talked about Una and Eldion, and how Cass changed everything for me, by first asking to finish off the job of killing her, to finally release me into a total different kind of existence, where nothing would ever be the same again.

I didn't expect my parents to be able to believe anything I had told them, but then it was my dad whose part it was to surprise me.

"When I was dead", he began, "I had a similar experience to that of your friend. "I never told you, but I was a young adventurer canoeing in the most exotic and dangerous places, when I fell down a waterfall, got underwater and was there for 30 minutes, until I was rescued.

In the time I was clinically dead, I also had a near death experience. There was this being of light that was with me. I understood everything at once, even the past and future were clear to me. And I didn't want to go back, when the being told me that my time hadn't come yet and that I should return into life. Since then life has never been the same. "