JASON #13

Standing once again at the door of Cass's mother, made me think about responsibility.

Who are we to take care of? Ourselves? Our children? Would a mother like Jenifer understand if I told her that the most loving thing she could do for her daughter was to let me kill her?

Oh it would be so easy for me to blame my parents for screwing me up because of things they had or hadn't done. Truth is, they were just there for me. All the time. Still my life had derailed somewhere.

It was a surprised "You?" that yanked me back into a reality that became more and more unreal by the minute.

Jenifer looked so old this time. Tired. Lifeless. Her eyes were red and empty.

She just turned around to go inside, leaving the door open. Obviously she couldn't care less, what I would do next.

I tried to follow her, finding her sitting on the toilet, door again wide open.

"What do you want?" she asked in a tone that made me feel like a fly she wanted to get rid of.

"I need the the hospital, you know f-for the article," I pathetically stuttered.

"Thank God! I thought you would expect more sex!" she sighed with relief. While I was realising that she was the first woman I watched peeing, she just pointed towards the kitchen. "There is a letter from the hospital pinned to the fridge."

I followed her direction and took a photo of the address. Then I just said "Thanks and bye" in an effort to sound casual. I hesitated for a few seconds until I decided to leave. After all I had what I wanted.

That had been the easy part of my mission. I had no idea how I would get into Cass's room. And I had less than a clue of how I should end her life or if I was able to do something like that. And least of all, I couldn't picture myself walking away from a scene of a crime as if nothing had happened.

So, although Jenifer had denied me the pleasure, I was totally fucked.