UNA #21

We were gravitating towards each other until we met in a loving embrace of bliss and eternity. The Cass I hugged was so different from the last time, different from the friend I had known, and then more of herself than she had ever been.

I had so many questions. Where was she? Could it be that she was already dead? If yes, why could we be together? And now that I knew about lucid dreaming, how come she was able to do it? And what had happened to Jason?

Cass broke into a laughter that I had saved as one of the memories I would never want to let go of.

She took both of my hands and simultaneously we wished for being on this wonderful meadow full of lovely flowers, sitting on a cozy blanket, underneath a deep blue sky.

"I am not dead", was the first sentence she said to me. "I changed my mind." Then she went on to tell me about the revelation she had, almost dying. And the moment all her shadows were gone there was no need for leaving.

"I mean, there are still a lot of questions. But by taking full responsibility for all of them, I was able to release them. Does that sound weird?"

She could see in my smile that it did not.

"I still want to find out more about my life, but I am more interested in what's up for me than what is already behind. Just look at Jason. I could feel his tortured mind, for everything he has done, but also for all the things he hasn't. By the way, I told him to leave, not to get into trouble, and I think he got away."

"But how is it possible that you have always been able to contact me? Jason has told me that this is such a tricky skill."

"As far as I can remember, I have always been able to do that. I even thought that everyone is able to, until I told mom and she did not take me seriously. It seems I am a natural. But now that we talk, can you tell me who you are? Are you just an imaginary girlfriend I can only encounter in my dreams?"

I chuckled. "I have just found out myself what or who I am." And then I told her everything I knew so far about Amen, Eldion and why we might be here.

When I was finished, she had the biggest smile on her face, saying: "So I guess you are my personal angel, Una."