JASON #5

When she opened her eyes, I tried to ask her the first important question that came to my mind because I didn't want to waste the time I was aware.

I had expected her to be the omniscient guide that would speak to me in wise words or even in mysterious riddles, but instead she seemed to be more confused than I.

And when I asked her if she was a guide, she had no clue what I was talking about. She didn't even know that she was in my dream, or that I was lucid.

The more I said the more pissed she got. A feeling of being lost pulled up a growing amount of angst. That was when I felt losing it. I tried to get her with me, but I had totally lost my balance and tipped out of my dream.

I woke up in a pool of sweat. My head throbbed with pain. Nothing made sense anymore. My thoughts started to run in circles. My body felt such a burden to me. Just being miserable and heavy, getting me down.

After endless hours of rumination I must have fallen asleep before dawn. Until I got up, just when the sun was about to go down again.

What came next, hit me fully unexpected. I was full of energy and drive. So I got up and started to research and continued my reading.

Although I didn't find anything helpful about dream guides, I realized that I had taken a major step in my journey towards awakening.

I knew that this mysterious girl was the key. That's why I concentrated on finding her again. It took me several weeks, in which I partly wasn't even able to remember my dreams, but I had decided to keep going until I had found her again.

One night I had a typical dream of me being back at high school, when I noticed something familiar next to me in the classroom.

It was her. I acted immediately. I told her to follow me, hoping it would work. Thank God, she seemed to be curious. On my way out, I thought about where to go. So I came up with the most boring, but also natural idea that everybody could comprehend: Why not have a chat at a coffee shop?