JASON #9

I had a sense of déjà-vu, standing at the door of Cass's mom again. This time I hoped it would turn out to be real. And that whatever reality presented itself, would be easier to bear than the one I had experienced in this weird dream.

I did a quick reality check by pulling my finger, just to make sure, when a really attractive woman opened the door, facing me with a very seductive smile.

"Jenifer Brown?" I asked, a bit confused.

"Who wants to know?", she replied in a rather playful way.

"My name is John Green, I am a journalist, doing research for an article about the inhabitants of this town. Do you have some minutes?"

Although my dream had not worked out so well, I had decided to stick with the bad story.

"Of course, for a nice guy like you", was the answer that made it obvious that I could have told her anything and she would have always let me in.

A flirt was the last thing I had expected to experience. But I was grateful for the easy entrance and also aroused, I have to admit.

She showed me into a very comfortable and nice living room, making sure that I got full sight of all her physical advantages, especially her endless legs that looked even longer from where I had sunk into a sofa, that felt like it would never let me go again.

Jenifer disappeared for some minutes, to re-enter the stage with two glasses shortly after.

"I guessed you are the Martini type", she said, winking at me, handing me one glass, and sitting down next to me, immediately touching our drinks.

I hadn't had a drink for a long time, and I also knew that this was probably not the best idea. But the parts were assigned, and I willingly accepted being the typical male jackass.

"So what do you want to know?" Jenifer asked, looking into my eyes long enough for me to feel uneasy.

Thirty minutes and three drinks later, I had completely left behind all doubts and embarrassments. We laughed a lot, thanks to the alcohol and her sense of humor.

She told me about her life. Her broken marriage, and how she had given up her career as lawyer for her daughter.

This was the first time, she had mentioned Cass. And when I asked, where her daughter was now, she flung her arms around me in a dramatic manner and started to sob.

When I asked her, if I had said something wrong, she sat up and looked at me. Then she waited for three seconds, until she slowly continued: "She is in a coma."