ELDION #11

I have to confess. I had not told you or Cassiopeia that I knew of the whereabouts of her father. In fact it was me who had started the mission that had brought him into the calamity he was in, when Una found him.

John and others were my first attempt to commit human travelers to this mission of the two realms. But it had failed. Or shall I say, I had failed?

Thus we had to be more careful this time. Especially Jason would have to lose all his guilt, to be no easy prey for Shadow and his creatures of the dark.

Perhaps I underestimated my brother in this respect. The biggest obstacle and also the weak spot of my plan was the collaboration of the humans with the dark forces, as soon as they started to throw themselves into the arms of their self-inflicted pangs of pain and doubt.

So this time I had to make sure that this would be different.

With Una and Cassiopeia everything just worked out perfectly. It was Jason who was still in the grip of a past that burdened him.

I knew that the path to lead him was a dangerous one. If I had not derailed his life and had put him into all this trouble, he would never have joined. And above all pain is often the only way to wake you up.

The damage this all did to his heart on the other, was of course obvious. So now we had to support him to heal. That was why I steered him towards his parents and why I had started all the training.

The real purpose was to rediscover the part of him that had no doubts, no guilt and no shame.

At first I had to talk to Una about John, after she had met him. She came to me. She wanted to share the news, so I had to reveal the truth.

She reacted in an interesting way. Because what I felt the most was this deep compassion. For me. That was the moment I realised that Una had not only blossomed, but that she was more than ready to join the others, in order to complete them.

So I sent her to join Cassiopeia and Jason in their dreams.