UNA #8

"You immerse yourself into all beings without effort. That is where the understanding of all creation can be found. Only, this time the deep crack of separation of your companion got completely hold of you."

I was still in a state of being lost and confused, and whatever Eldion said, didn't make things any better.

"Are we of the same species? And if yes, what are we?"

"Yes, we are", the old man replied. "We are Amen. The travellers are aware of us, but they do not realize our purpose. Neither do they know about theirs as a consequence."

"Are we talking about human beings?" I wanted to know.

"That is what they call themselves, which seems to be an essential part of why they deny their true heritage."

"And what's your thing?"

"I am the one who knows", he said with a twinkling smile.

"Is that why you talk in riddles?"

"Sweet Una. As you certainly can imagine, it is not always simple to express myself in a fashion that is tangible to you."

"Are there many of us out there?"

"Have you ever tried to count the stars?"

I decided to change the subject. "So, what shall I do now? I mean, where do I go from here? And what about Cass?"

Eldion looked at me for an eternity, until he spoke with a determined, but still kind voice, "Now that you are aware of who you are not, seize each moment with the intention to remember, while you let go. That should suffice for now."

Having said that, he turned towards the sun that was still lingering at the same point. He reached out, grabbed it like a little ball, turned it into an apple, and offered it to me.

Before I could ask him how he had done that, I felt a pull, that was getting stronger and stronger. All of a sudden I was sucked into a void.

Some seconds later I was sitting next to a cheesily grinning Cass on the bus on our way to school.