| Prologue

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Hooriya Rehan Tariq

"Behaya ladki! Idhar aao!" The screeching of the middle aged woman made me wince.

*"Shameless girl! Come here!" 

I walked over to the edge of the terrace and peeked down. "What happened?" 

From the garden next door, the woman glared up at me. "Sambhal le apni pehn no. Dil karda ay rak ke chapair maraan uday moun te!"

*"Sort your sister out! I feel like slapping her right across her face!"

I opened my mouth to argue, but a voice beat me to it.

"I dare you to lay a finger on my sister!" A growl beside me made me turn and I sighed. 

"Rohaan." I grabbed the upper arm of my twenty-year-old hot headed younger brother.

"Astaghfirullah!" The woman touched her ears. "Kuch sikhande nai Maa Baap aaj kal sawaye badtameezi de."

*"Parents don't teach anything these days but insolence."

"What happened, Aunty?" I asked, taking charge as the eldest sibling.

"Your sister broke my window while praying cricket." The woman shook her finger warningly at me. "Aan de to apni maa noun. Dasdiyan main ono.

*"Let your mother come. I'll tell her."

"Aunty, I'm sorry. We'll pay for the damage, I promise." I tried to act like a mediator.

"Baap aina changa hunda te bacheyan noun tameez sikhai hundi." She continued.

*"If the father was so good, he would have disciplined his kids."

"Baap pe nahin jao tussi!" Rohaan yelled out. 

*"Do not insult my father!"

I turned and dashed inside the house, running down the stairs. "Haya!"

We were on a family holiday in Lahore, and had rented out a place to stay. So far, there had been complaints every day about Haya breaking something or the other. 

As I got to the foyer, Haya was just running inside, looking sheepish. 

"Haya..." I said, wearily.

"I apologised to her, but she just got started!" Haya was not my identical twin, but we looked very much alike nevertheless. She had a lighter hair colour though, and a beauty mark under her left ear. Also, she had shoulder length hair, whereas mine was almost waist-length. "I didn't do anything intentionally."

Rohaan came down the stairs behind me. "Next time do it intentionally. In fact, I'll go and do it right now."

"Rohaan." I glared at him, before turning back to Haya. "Just play carefully."

"It's not my fault I'm super at sixers." She shrugged, not-so-modestly. She looked at Rohaan. "Where did you run off to? Get Arsal and let's play." 

"Don't break anymore windows." I warned them.

"I'll try to play like Rohaan, and then I won't be able to." Haya giggled. In retaliation, Rohaan pinched her arm.

"Try beating me at football, Behaya." He muttered.

The two kept bantering as they headed out.

"Hoor, call Arsal!" Haya called out over her shoulder before the door closed behind them.