34 | Growing Confident

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

"Hi, guys! It's me, Ifra, also known to you all thatdesigalontv! I'm sorry I've been AWOL lately, but life has been really hectic." Holding up her phone on the selfie stick, Ifra spoke into it with a sweet, friendly smile.

"Ho asaan teri gal karni, ho asaan teri gal karni, gal karni ay daddy naal, o assan teri gal karni." A voice sang out and Ifra glanced over her shoulder.

*"I'm going to speak to my father regarding you [marriage alliance]." - A song.

Rohaan stood at the doorway of the room, a slow grin spreading across his face. 

"Guys, this is my sort of cousin-ish, in the sense that our mothers are sisterly best friends." Ifra turned back to face the camera, where she was live streaming on social media. "Rohaan. But if you ignore him, he'll go away. But enough about this guy. I am..." She froze as Rohaan reached forward and ended the live stream. "Rohaan, what is this badtameezi?" She whirled around to glare at him.

"I need a favour from you." 

"You ask nicely, with a magical word." 

"I need you to do something that is for not my sake, but for the sake of another...many others, actually." He suddenly looked serious.

"What is it?" She asked warily. It was hard to take Rohaan seriously sometimes.

"Please dedicate a vlog to an anti-bullying campaign." He spoke softly.

Ifra blinked up at him in surprise. For a few seconds, she didn't say a word, and when she did, her mouth felt too dry. "Arsal again?" 

She had a flashback that was painful for her to remember. She had been in year seven, Arsal in year eight and Rohaan in year nine. She remembered how Arsal had been bleeding from the forehead, sitting on the ground with his hair messy and a button of his shirt torn. She remembered the sound of fists hitting flesh; of Rohaan's angry face as he avenged his brother. 

"Yamna." 

"Yamna?" It was even more horrifying to hear about the sweet little ten-year-old girl being bullied. 

"Yes, our little cousin who has literally harmed nobody in her life." He looked at her silently for a few seconds. "So...will you do me this favour?"

"I'll do what I can, but it's not like I'm a social media celebrity..."

"You have thousands of followers. That helps."

"Okay, but I'm doing this only for Yamna." 

"Who else would you be doing this for?" He questioned, taking her by surprise.

But she was the daughter of Hareem Jamshed, and she recovered quickly. "Maybe for those good people that you just happened to be related to." She turned her back to him. "I'll do whatever I can. But please go now. I promised my fans a live streaming."

As Rohaan turned to leave, she sneaked a peek at him. There was a time during her pre-teen and teenage years where she couldn't stand him. He seemed too arrogant and full of himself. But gradually she started to understand that he had a good heart, and today was just one example of it. He truly cared about his family. This was a fact that she couldn't deny. 

She giggled quickly. Plus he's cute.

Rohaan had always been the guy that girls crushed on automatically, but Ifra didn't care until she realised what a good person he really was. For her, as his good personality had become clearer, his attractiveness has increased. After all, what is a good face if the interior is dark?