61 | Life Partner

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Haya

My brain was practically steaming from overthinking.

What had Aariz started to say when he was interrupted by the phone call? 

"You're amazing. I lo..."

Was he about to say that he loved me? Could that really be happening?

I shook my head. No, of course not.

From what I'd seen, love is reading someone's books for years, becoming their fangirl and falling in love upon meeting them in reality after knowing their thought processes through their writing. Love is a childhood crush that changed into something so strong, so powerful that it was selflessly willing to face a broken heart for the happiness of the other person. Love was finding their way back to each other, after spending years apart with a broken heart. Love is waiting patiently for the right time, to do things the right way, the halal way, even if it means years of yearning and resisting temptations. Love is a power couple who found each other within their mutual love for the arts and culture. Love is a second chance, after spending decades of your life suffering alone, yet courageously. Love wasn't spending a few weeks with your spouse in a 'love marriage', getting to know each other better, right? Love required more time than that.

Right?

Aariz returned, showered and changed into his night clothes. I'd already set up our dinner in the living room, palak chicken and Naan. 

"How was work?" I asked, scooping some palak onto his plate. "Chicken?"

"The leg piece, please. Thanks." He smiled, grabbing two freshly made Naan and placing one on my plate. "Work was work."

"Wow. That's a lot of detail. At least give me time to absorb it all." I smiled at him, as I scooped up the spinach into my own plate now.

"I mean, do you really want to know about the intricacy of the human muscular system?" 

"Nah, not really." I shook my head.

"I thought so." He grinned.

We ate in silence for a while. 

"I'm going to temporarily use the guest room for my art work, if that's okay." I spoke quietly.

"Temporarily?" 

"When the room is needed, I'll clear things up. But I need to use it to have a space of my own, without leaving a permanent paint smell or stains in our bedroom." 

"Sure. That sounds fun. Am I going to get some complimentary cricket paintings now?" He winked at me.

"Business is separate from pleasure. And art is my business." 

"And I'm your pleasure?" There was a teasing glint in his eyes.

I felt myself blushing. "I meant, in simple terms, that a person's business and personal lives shouldn't be mixed." 

"Of course."

"That's what I meant!"

"Whatever you say, Haya." He laughed as I narrowed my eyes at him.

*

Hoor/Farhaan content requested by @Ghost4747474