31 | Family

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

**BONUS CHAPTER**

Hooriya

Someone called Rebecca Aunty from the shelter.

Rebecca Aunty called Dado.

Dado called Mama.

Mama told Papa.

And suddenly, Haya and I were being treated like we'd actually been run over.

When my parents arrived, my twin sister and I were seated in the common area, being given glasses of water. 

Haya and I stood at the same time and both of us rushed to Papa. He wrapped his arms around us, holding us tightly as he kissed the tops of our heads. "You two okay?"

"Hoor! Haya!" Mama ran her hands down the backs of her heads. 

Is it a universal thing, but no matter how much you grow up, and even if you are perfectly fine after an incident, the moment you feel your mother's sympathetic hand, it makes you want to cry and snuggle up in her arms. Both me and Haya turned and hugged Mama now, and I did shed tears as we held onto her. 

I had bitten my tongue and my lip hard enough to cause bleeding, but fortunately I hadn't cracked a tooth. Haya had scraped her elbow, and there was a pain in her arm as she fell on it, but Rebecca Aunty had called paramedics, and no major damage had been done.

But ultimately, it was Mama who asked the question that she shouldn't have had to ask: "Hoor, did you tell Farhaan?"

I moved away from her, shaking my head sheepishly. "We're both fine, Mama. He's busy and..."

She sighed. "Call him and let him know before he finds out from somewhere else."

I looked up at Papa, who nodded. Stepping away from my family, I began to leave the room, and right out there in the hallway, I almost walked into Tahira.

"Are you okay?" She asked me, worriedly.

"I'm fine." 

"Hooriya, listen; I appreciate that you guys are doing so much for me, but maybe you shouldn't." She looked hesitant. "He's a bad tempered man, and he's capable of anything."

That snapped something inside me. "He's bad-tempered so what? We let him get away with illegal stuff?" I paused. "You think he did this?" 

"I don't know. I've just been very paranoid since I've run away from home. I feel like he'll come after me." Tahira whispered, her eyes wide with fear.

I hadn't told her about how he had come to our home, and had yelled at my mother before being shoved out by Papa and Rohaan. I didn't want her to live in fear. But maybe unknowingly she had made a good point. What if her stepfather had almost run me over? If it hadn't been for Haya, I would have been...

Suddenly, an urge need to throw up made me turn and run down the hall towards the bathroom. But I didn't throw up, just gagged a little. I almost died.

"Hoor?" My mother followed me. "Are you okay?" 

I turned to look at her with my eyes filled with tears. "I almost died, Mama."

"Meri bachi." She pulled me into her arms and held me tightly, letting me cry against her shoulder.

*