53 | New Chapters

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

This was created by @Shivkuti_Live! Thank you so much!

Haya

Farhaan Bhai opened the door and gave us a welcoming smile as he greeted us. "Assalam Alaikum."

"Walaikum Assalam!" Aariz and I replied in unison as my husband hugged him.

I'd called to inform him that we were coming, out of basic courtesy,  but had asked him not to tell Hoor. I wanted to surprise my twin.

"She's in her room." My brother-in-law told me.

I looked at Aariz. "I'll just go and see her."

He nodded.

The two began to converse, and I headed down the hall to Hoor's room, knocking lightly on her door.

"Come in." She sound weak and confused.

I pushed open the door and entered, my lehenga brushing the ground. "Hey."

She was lying on the bed, and she opened her eyes. "Haya?!" She sat up, startled and shocked. "What are you doing here?" 

"You couldn't be a part of the rukhsati, so we brought the rukhsati to you." I grinned, walking over to her. As she began to get up, I placed my hand on her shoulder firmly, holding her down. "Don't get up." 

She looked pale and miserable. There were still traces of make-up on her face, and her hair was still partially styled. 

My heart ached for her. "You know what Nano says, right? For a worthy cause, we must sometimes fight battles, or sometimes even a war. You are fighting your own battle right now, but the cause is definitely worth it."

"I know, but it's so tough."

"Last time I check, battles were not about rainbows and sunshine and a walk on the beach. It's meant to be a struggle." 

"How are you so wise?" She sat beside me, leaning her head against my shoulder.

"Someone had to be, out of us four siblings." I laughed lightly, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. 

"I'm glad you came." She whispered. "It eases the pain I felt at missing your big day."

"I'm glad Aariz brought me here too. It eases the pain of not having you there." There are moments of my life that I could truly be vulnerable and expressive of my feelings. Being around Hoor was one of those times, because I could never truly hide my feelings from her. 

"Did you ask him to bring you here?"

"No. We got in the car at the wedding venue, and he asked me to enter your address on his phone, so that he could bring me here to see you."