45 | Our Whole World

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Haya

What I felt when I heard that I was going to be a Khalla (In Sha Allah), was a feeling that couldn't be described in words. My twin sister, my eternal best friend, was going to be a mother!

"Baby?" Yet, I was the one who broke the silence when the doctor unwittingly let slip the little fact. 

Farhaan Bhai sighed while nodding. "Yes. We just found out yesterday, guys. Hoor's pregnant."

But even in the shock (the delighted kind) of the moment, I still managed to notice Rohaan's awed expressions. His jaw literally dropped open, eyes wide. My gaze moved over to Arsal, and he had a big grin on his face. 

And then I looked at my mother, and I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. She had tears in her eyes, her hands pressed over her mouth. She looked up at Papa in disbelief, whose smile resembled the one on Arsal's face, as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

When we were much, much younger, I used to claim that I was the most important person in Hoor's life, and vice versa. This was long before I realised the importance of our parents in our lives, Islamically speaking and even overall in general. When Mama used to say that she loved us more than anything in the universe, I used to argue and say that I loved Hoor more because I was her twin.

"Congratulations, Anabia." Looking unsurprised, Anaya Aunty walked over to hug Mama. "Once upon a time, I could never even have imagined that my son and the daughter of Hareem's best friend would be having a baby together."

"Congratulations to you as well, Bhabi!" Mama hugged her back tightly.

Papa and Faiz Uncle also congratulated each other with a hug.

My brothers congratulated Farhaan Bhai.

"The kid will be well protected from all sides, In Sha Allah." Rohaan told our brother-in-law. "With a gangster-like Mamu, he or she will have nothing to worry about." He grinned proudly.

I walked out, feeling overwhelmed. I wanted to cry, but privately. So I headed out of the hospital and stood under the starry sky. Allah, please protect my twin, her baby and her family. Ameen.

"Yo, Behaya." 

I wiped my tears, as Rohaan appeared next to me. "Not now, Ro."

"It's unbelievable isn't it." He stared up at the starry sky as well. "It feels like just yesterday that we were kids, messing around and causing chaos." 

This was a rare moment that Ro showed his sensitive side, and I was not going to do anything to make this side go back into hiding. I would never admit it out loud, but it was good to see him like this, every once in a while.

"I just hate hospitals. That's why I came out here, to get some fresh air." I was like Rohaan in many ways, and admitting my feelings was as hard for me as it was for him.

"We may not be twins, but I know you, Behaya." 

We stood in silence for a while, before I turned to look at him. "We're going to teach the kid pranks?" 

He laughed. "Is there any doubt, Behaya?" 

"Not even one percent, Badrooh."

*

Hooriya

I sat on the hospital bed, waiting for the doctor to clear me to go home.