23 | The Wait is Over

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

TWO WEEKS LATER

TWO WEEKS LATER

Hooriya

Life can take unexpected turns sometimes. I'd decided that I should just move in with Farhaan now, and he agreed with the idea. But our families wanted something else for us.

The venue was hard to find at such a short notice, so what did they do? They organised the wedding on a smaller scale, just on the grounds behind the B&B. The adults had wanted to send us straight on our honeymoon, and have the Valima later, but the youngsters from both sides wanted a small ceremony at least, so here we were.

Mehndi had been reapplied to my hands the night before, and I was once again in my bridal gown. 

"The Bride, take two." Haya joked.

I was left alone in room ten when I was fully ready, while the others were in the marquee outside. As I waited, a stomach rumbled a little due to hunger. I pressed my hand over it, pouting slightly. I hadn't eaten since early in the morning. As minutes passed by, I grew impatience and I got up and left the room. With my lehenga trailing behind me, I headed down the stairs of the B&B, and towards the dining area.

"Miss Hooriya!" The woman at the reception looked startled to see me. "Do you need anything? You should have called!" 

"It's fine." I smiled reassuringly at her before heading into the dining area. 

A waiter and a waitress were standing around chatting and their reactions were almost hilarious as I walked in.

"Listen, can I have a light snack, please? I'm hungry." I told them.

"Sure, Mrs Farhaan. What would you like?" The waitress asked.

"What are my options?" I asked.

"We have some extra chicken tikka canapes; the ones that are going to be served at the wedding." The waiter suggested.

"Sure, why not?" I walked to a table and had a seat.

I was eating carefully, so as to not ruin my lipstick, when Haya rushed in.

"There you are! We were looking everywhere for you!" Haya glared at me. "What are you doing?"

"I'm eating. I'm a human who gets hungry." I replied.

"It's literally your wedding and everyone is waiting." Haya walked up to me. 

I continued eating silently.

"What happened?" She dragged a chair to sit down beside me. Wearing her tea pink maxi with lehenga from Wedding Attempt One, she looked stunning, Ma Sha Allah. With natural shades of make-up applied, and her hair curled, she looked quite different from our usual sporty Haya.