55 | Turning Tide

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Anabia

"You. Come here." 

I was heading towards the stairs after helping Haya with her hair, when Rehan called me from our bedroom doorway. "Me?" I blinked innocently at me.

"No, I'm talking to my second wife who's standing right behind you." 

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Come, Anya." 

I headed towards our bedroom, and as soon as we were close enough, he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me inside, before closing the door behind us. "Rehan!"

"You touched my a** in the middle of the wedding hall. There must be some compensation for that." He pressed me against the door, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Well, technically, we were not in the middle of the hall. We were on the stage, behind the sofa. My action remained unnoticed. And secondly, that was revenge for making me blush in front of everyone." I poked his stomach with my finger. "Let me go, I have things to do."

"We can do things together?" He smirked suggestively.

"Rehan! Seriously, yaar, what has gotten into you today?"

He hugged me tightly, and I wrapped my arms around him, placing my hands on his back. "Anya, Ma Sha Allah, we have created a beautiful family together."

I smiled. "Ma Sha Allah, yes."

"Seeing them all together today, just made me realised that after Allah, of course, I wouldn't have had any of this if it wasn't for you."

"My man finally understood the value of his wife?" I teased.

"Your man knew the value of his wife since day one." He pulled back, his arms still around my waist. "But I'm not going to forget what you did today, Anabia Rehan Tariq."

"Haye. Once upon a time I would have fainted had I known that our names would be linked together in such a beautiful way." I smiled, moving my arms up to wrap them around his neck.

He kissed me, pressing me against the door, his hands on my waist. 

A loud pounding on the door made me gasp and stumble. Rehan steadied me in his arms, otherwise I would have been on the floor.

"Boss Woman, your assistance is required."Rohaan's voice came from the other side.

I smiled up at Rehan, who looked clearly irritated. Pushing him back lightly, I turned and opened the door as he headed towards the bathroom.

Rohaan stood there, frowning in confusion. "Mama, I tried to make French toast, but it's disgusting."

I bit back a smile as I smelled egg from him. "Did you drop the egg on yourself?"

He nodded sheepishly. "It slipped out of my hands as I tried to crack it."

"Ya Allah, Rohaan!" I placed a hand over my forehead. "Let me make it for you." Shaking my head, I walked out of my room and towards the stairs.

*

Rohaan

I watched Mama leave, and then waited in their room for Papa to come out. 

When he came out, his eyebrows raised as he saw me pacing the room. "What was the emergency, Rohaan?" 

"I failed in making French toast." I bit the inside of my cheeks sheepishly. "You didn't tell her, did you? About what I wrote?"