9 | Long Distance

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Hooriya

Everything had been normal. I'd slept through the long flight, only waking up an hour or two before touchdown in Lahore. 

I felt quite refreshed as we got off the aircraft, smiling as I noticed the bright late morning sunshine. The smile only lasted until the moment I felt a blast of heat lunge out towards me as we stepped into the terminal building. Despite the air-conditioning, he heat felt almost suffocating.

Luckily, we seemed to be the only long-haul international flight at that time, so immigration didn't take too long. Before I knew it, we were heading towards the baggage belt, where we collected her suitcases and headed towards the exit.

"Hoor, message Papa to let him know that we're here, and tell him that I'll call him once we're at your Nano's." Mama told me as she led the way towards the exit.

"I don't have a local SIM, Mama. And it'll take me a few minutes to set up the daily data passport." I reminded her. 

She rummaged through her purse and handed me her phone. "Use this. I changed the SIM before landing. You can message Farhaan as well." She gave me a cheeky smile.

I unlocked the phone and smiled at her wallpaper. It was a family photo of us in a theme park. Papa had his arm around Mama's shoulder, holding Haya in one arm, while she held a toddler Arsu in her arms. Rohaan stood just in front of them wearing a Mickey Mouse t-shirt and matching shorts. I stood just beside Papa, clutching onto his sleeve. "Why don't you message him? I feel like I'm violating your privacy." I handed her the phone.

"Hoor..." She sighed.

I gave her a smile. 

Shaking her head, she took the phone from me and messaged him. I saw the smile on her face as she typed. Ana_B messaging her beloved author, Rehan Tariq. After sending it, she handed the phone over to me. "Your turn."

I couldn't help giggling. But before I could bring up Farhaan's name, the phone rang in my hands and I saw my father's name on the caller ID. A cheeky grin appeared on my face.

"Hoor." Mama's eyes widened as she raised a finger at me. "Don't you dare."

I answered the phone, pressing the phone against my ear. Mama pressed a hand over her forehead, sighing in exasperation.

"Assalam Alaikum. Mujhe laga bhool jaogi mujhe wahan pohanchte hi." My father's voice was low and sleepy.

*"I felt like you'd forget me as soon as you reach there."

"Walaikum Assalam." I replied, sweetly. "Mama to bhool gayi hain. Woh to main hi hoon jise aap yaad hain."

*"Mama has forgotten you. It is I who remembered you."