41 | #MatchFixing

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

The above moodboard depicting Harris Emaad was created by @Dreamer_Mary20! Thank you so much! I love it! 😍

*

*

Rohaan

"Marriage is like cricket." I spoke into the microphone. "It's a team game. Sometimes you hit sixers, and give birth to a wonderful miracle of Allah, like me. And sometimes, you have a missed catch in the form of Haya." 

Everyone around us laughed, and Haya rolled her eyes.

"But at the end of the way, it's how you work as a team that counts." I continued. "It's not an individual sport." I glanced towards my sister, Behaya. "Tomorrow, Haya will officially be enlisted in a team, i.e. she will be signing the Nikah nama. I wish her all the best."

You must be wondering what gave me the right to make a speech on marriage? Well...nobody. I just wanted to make a speech that would make everyone laugh...and that was related to Haya's true obsession.

It was the night before the Nikah, and our whole extended family had gathered at the Tariq family home for a dinner party. Anyone who wished to make a speech for Haya was more than welcome to. Naturally, I couldn't let go of the opportunity.

"I hope you stop being such a Behaya." I grinned cheekily.

"Rohaan!" My father instantly snapped.

I chuckled under my breath. "Sorry...but seriously speaking, wish your freedom goodbye, Haya..."

"Rohaan, enough." This time Mama spoke, shaking her head at me.

Chuckling again, I handed the microphone to Arsal.

*

Arsalan

I stood with my hand in the pocket of my trousers, head bowed slightly, as I tightly gripped onto the microphone. I had no idea what to say. I wasn't very good with speeches. "Haya Appi...unlike Rohaan, I am not an expert at making speeches on the wisdom of marriage."