28 | Homecoming

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Hooriya

The days had flown by- first the Umrah and then our island honeymoon adventure. It was home time.

I slept through the flights, which is good because usually when I'm on a flight back home from somewhere, no matter how much I adore flying, I'm always in a rush to just arrive home.

Home. My new home now. I wasn't going back to Mama and Papa's house, but my own place.

Aizah Appi had called me to, and I quote, 'gently warn' me, that although our flight arrived early in the morning, 'everyone' was going to be around to meet and greet us to congratulate us on our Umrah and to officially welcome the new bride to her sasural. She head told me that Anaya Aunty was going to ensure that I had a proper rest first though, after which we'd all have lunch together. By 'everyone', I supposed she meant Farhaan's UK-residing Phuphos and his cousins. Apparently, my sister-in-law was also going to Pakistan in the next few days, so this was just another excuse for all the family to get together.

I wore charcoal leggings and a knee-length grey shirt that was perfect for travelling, along with white trainers. I had full intentions of changing into something less casual before landing at Heathrow, but I only woke up as the captain announced our descent into the airport- therefore making it too late for me to get up and change.

"Nice nap?" Farhaan teased me.

"I can still sleep for hours." I muttered, yawning as I sat up straight.

We held hands as I glanced out of the window as the land got closer and closer. The sight of London sent a strong sense of familiarity for me, and a childlike excitement about seeing my family. I had missed my parents and siblings so much! I turned to him. "My siblings will be at the airport." 

"You already told me that three times." He chuckled, leaning forward to kiss my cheek.

"Sorry. I'm just so excited to see them." I looked at him, my cheeks warm.

"Don't apologise for being yourself, Hoor. I know how much your family means to you, so it's understandable that you're excited to see them."

As the plane landed, I switched off the flight mode, and as the notifications started coming through, I saw messages from the siblings' group.

<Haya: WELCOME HOME!!! 🥳🎉>

<Rohaan: If you didn't bring souvenirs, go right back!>

<Arsalan: Welcome home, Appi! 😊>

My heart warmed reading messages from my twin sister and brothers. 

"The 'us time' is over. I'm disappointed actually." Farhaan admitted.

"Me too." I looked over at him. "But now we begin our new life together, and In Sha Allah, we have plenty more to look forward to."

"In Sha Allah." 

The plane came to a full stop and we stood up, ready to disembark. As we waited for the jetty to be attached to the aircraft, I wrapped my arms around Farhaan's waist, and tilted my head back  to look up at him. "I had a great time. Thank you for giving me a dream holiday."

We kissed, even as the others exited the plane around us, wanting to hold onto the honeymoon feeling just a little bit longer.

*