57 | Unconditionally

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Haya

"Wow." Rohaan whistled. "I refused to believe that this is a rehabilitation facility." 

We walked around the room where our mother was going to stay for the next few weeks. But more than a medical facility, it seemed like a fancy room at a resort or something. The walls had pale periwinkle wallpaper. One wall had large bay windows that brightened up the room. The double bed had two beautiful side tables beside it , and the area opposite the bed had the large fitted wardrobes, just beside the entrance to the bathroom. Underneath the bay windows was a small round table, with two comfortable chairs, set for meals or tea/coffee.

"This is why this place costs an arm and half a leg." I muttered.

Papa pushed Mama's wheelchair into the room, and her eyes brightened. "Oh, finally a much needed holiday!" She smirked up at Papa.

"From us?" Arsal widened his eyes.

Mama looked at her, a fond expression on her face. "Oh, honey, your words not mine." Then she laughed. "This is beautiful."

"One hour and twenty-five minutes away from home. I'm gonna look for other places." Papa was complaining. "Or I'm moving in here with you."

"No, Rehan. This place is fine." Mama shook her head. A nurse, who had followed them inside, h helped her onto the bed. The surgery had been done a few days back, and now Mama was looking forward to weeks of rest and reading her beloved books.

"You are really looking forward to this, aren't you?" I shook my head at her, giving her a disappointed look.

"I get looked after, with no work, no housework. I get to read and watch TV all day." She shrugged. "At my stage in life, this is a blessing in a way."

"Again, you don't need to get hurt for that." Arsal pointed out.

Saim Mamu entered, carrying a box of books. "Here, you go. Your book delivery man is at your service."

"Rohaan, Arsal, why is your Mamu bringing the boxes that I asked you two to get?" Papa glared at my brothers.

"It's okay, Rehan Bhai. I told them I'll bring them." Mamu patted his bicep. "I still have it in me." 

"Do you?" Mama teased him.

"Shush, you. I can easily take these back." 

"Mama, seriously, you seem way too excited about this." I laughed. "You're moving in here, it seems."

She smiled. "Don't worry. I won't forget you guys. I'll send you the occasional postcards." She was in much better spirits, Alhumdulillah. A day or two after the surgery, she had been so miserable that she had refused visitors, even us. The only one who had completely disregarded her refusal was Saim Mamu, who had gone in and cheered her up. "Now, excuse me, all of you sasural walay, I need to talk to my maikay wala banda."

"We're technically from both sides." Rohaan pointed out.

"I consider you my sasuralis as well." Mama said. "Seriously, guys. I need to talk to Saim." 

We all left the room. While Papa went to speak to the manager of this place, me and my brothers huddled up outside in the hallway. 

"I wonder what that's about." I am the one who broke the silence.

"She's probably giving him an order of snacks and books to get for her." Rohaan joked.

"Or to keep a discreet eye on me and Ro." Arsal grinned. "Or on our home, to make sure that we haven't completely destroyed it in her absence."