47 | The Parent Trap

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

TWENTY YEARS AGO

TWENTY YEARS AGO

Anabia

The clock struck midnight.

I took shallow breaths as I lay in the hospital bed. My water had broken just after Fajr, and I now awaited the moment when my fourth child decided to come into this world. 

The door opened and Rehan walked in. 

"The twins? Rohaan?" I instantly asked. 

"They are with my parents. Yas is there too." He sat down beside me on the bed, running a hand from my forehead over my head.

"Poor Ro needs me..." I whimpered. "I'm such a selfish mother, having another child while Ro is still a baby."

"You didn't do this on your own." He wrapped his arm around me, kissing the side of my head.

I groaned as another painful contraction seemed to rip through my body. The gap between each contraction was decreasing, pushing me closer towards the birth. I looked at Rehan, my eyes filled with tears. "Please don't leave me."

"I'm not going anywhere, Anya. I'm right here." He reassured me.

"No, I mean...don't get fed up of our family and leave." I leaned against him, seeking comfort.

"Where will I go? My home, my world, my everything is with you and our kids." He lovingly stroked my belly.

"No matter how many children we have?" 

"What are your intentions, Mrs Rehan?" He teased.

I smiled weakly.

"Anya, you need to trust me. I will not leave your side in my lifetime, I promise."

I leaned up, pressing my mouth against his in a soft kiss.

"But you have to make the same promise, okay? Our world, our life is right here, with each other and with our kids. Don't even think about leaving me."

"Where will I go?" Repeating his words, I leaned up for a kiss again. We remained in this sweet embrace until a contraction forced me to cry out in pain.

*

The baby boy lay in the cot with a name band around his wrist that read: BABY, Rehan, along with his date of birth. His hands, with its peeling flaky skin, rested beside his head. He already had thick dark hair, and there was a soft pout on his tiny lips as he slept. He wore a onesie with bears on it, and a knitted hat that Mama had created for him.