51 | Last Night

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

DISCLAIMER: Rituals like mehndi, dholki, are not Islamic concepts, rather cultural ones. In Islam, there's only the concept of Nikah and Valima. The characters are not perfect Muslims, and they follow cultural traditions as well, and I do not promote or encourage any rituals or traditions that go against the Islamic concepts. My stories are just trying to show the traditions and culture of Pakistan, while also attempting to explain the Islamic concepts.

 My stories are just trying to show the traditions and culture of Pakistan, while also attempting to explain the Islamic concepts

Haya

I wore a long green dress with golden embroidery, along with a golden dupatta with a border that had gold and green sequins for my mehndi ceremony. On my forehead was a large golden maang tikka with pearls and emeralds, along with matching earrings. On my wrists were artificial gajray bracelets.

The mehndi ceremony was bigger than the mayoun, but still only for close family and friends. The venue was a hall overlooking a lake, which was also going to be the venue for the baraat and Valima- we got a three-in-one package, so our families decided on the same location for guest convenience. 

Last night, I had spent with my forearms and hands covered with mehndi, as the mehndi artist had done her work yesterday

Last night, I had spent with my forearms and hands covered with mehndi, as the mehndi artist had done her work yesterday. I had been so impatient and helpless, and was relieved when I finally got to wash it off.

Today, the ladies were taking full charge. Before I made the entry into the hall, the main females in my life entered first, individually, as the DJ made the announcement.

Mama adjusted my dupatta as we waited. Giving me an emotional smile, she placed a hand on my cheek. I placed my hand over hers and smiled back, hoping to reassure her. 

"I love you so much, Haya." She whispered, her eyes welling up. She was wearing a beautiful yellow lace sari, with full-length sheer sleeves. Her hair was up in a bun, adorned by gajray. The beautiful Mama of the bride, Ma Sha Allah.

"I love you too, Mama."

"Ladies, everyone ready?" The wedding planner asked. "Let's lead the bride inside in a grand way."