6 | In Love

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Hoor

Hoor

I stood up and saw Farhaan in the doorway. I swallowed hard.

"Let me give you a ride home." He said. "Cancel the Uber." 

My gaze went behind him and saw Aizah Appi in the doorway, nodding at me in reassurance. I glanced back at Farhaan again and also nodded before cancelling the Uber. I then quickly sent Papa a message.

<Hooriya: I came to the B&B to meet Aizah Appi. Farhaan is going to give me a ride home.>

The concept of mehram and non-mehram is linked to the idea of safety and protection, of promoting the sanctity of marriage, amongst other things. Many people would question me, 'You are twenty three! Why do you need to tell your parents about every little thing?'. But the fact is, I'd feel more comfortable if my father- my parents- authorised this. To go on a long-ish drive with a man that I had feelings for, but was not my husband, seemed like an alarming idea- even though the cheeky part of me was excited about it too. I had to remember my limits and I had to respect that, and maybe knowing that my father was aware of this would help me respect those limits as strictly as possible.

<Papa: Let me know when you're home. Take care, Hoor.>

I smiled. Religion was the obvious reason to respect my limits, but the other reason was the unconditional trust that my parents had in all of us siblings. 

"Le li Papa se ijazat?" Farhaan smiled knowingly at me.

*"Did you take permission from your Papa?"

"Shall we go?" Blushing, I averted my gaze from him.

He led the way to his car. I turned to wave at Aizah Appi, who waved back with a knowing smile on her face. I followed quickly, rushing to catch up with his long strides. He wore casual today, black jeans and a grey shirt with rolled up sleeves. The watch on his wrist made me think of a distance memory.