52 | Baraat

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Baraat: wedding procession; specifically when the groom's side come to the wedding venue

Haya

"How do I look?" Yamna grinned at me, dressed in a blushing rosewood Pishwas and lehenga set, with a matching embroidered dupatta.

"Yamna, are you seriously asking the bride how you look?" Saba Chachi shook her head at her daughter.

"Chachi, come on. Yum-Yum is my special girl." I told her, before turning to my cousin. "And as always, this princess looks gorgeous, Ma Sha Allah."

The beautician set my dupatta on my head. Wearing a red lehenga with a long kameez, all covered with golden embroidery, I had gone for the classic desi bride look. The dupatta matched the dress, but the border was heavier in regards to embroidery, remaining prominent while placed on my head. 

"The border of the bride's dupatta is equivalent to a crown on the head of royalty." The beautician had told me earlier.

"Is Hoor okay?" I asked Mumani.

Hoor had felt unwell, and Mama had stepped out with her, possibly because my twin needed to throw up. 

"It happens during pregnancy." Laila Mumani reassured me softly.

The ladies at the parlour took a few photos of me, just to keep for their own record, but I refused to allow them to publish them on their social media pages.

"Beautiful, Ma Sha Allah." Chachi told me, softly.

"You look like a queen, Ma Sha Allah!" Yamna smiled at me.

I lifted up her hand and squeezed it. "Yet our Princess Yum-Yum is the prettiest. Ma Sha Allah!"

Mama and Hooriya returned inside. I looked at my twin, who nodded at me reassuringly with a small smile.