37 | Unravelling Tales

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Aizah

With my brother, Faizan, having the time of his life in Lahore, I was busy throwing myself in work. I was sitting in the café almost every day, my papers strewn about, working on potential ideas for the project.

"Would you like a coffee or a cold drink, Miss Faiz?"

I looked up and saw the resort manager, Kabeer Junejo, standing beside my table. "I'm good, thanks."

"Mrs Gillani said you've been working very hard and that we should ensure that you're well taken care of." He spoke politely and respectfully.

"If I have another cup of coffee, I will not be fine." I joked, giving him a brief smile. "Thank you anyway, Mr Junejo."

"You can call me Kabeer." He said. "And do let me or any of the staff know if you need anything."

"Sure, thanks." I continued studying blueprints as he walked away. Looking up, I found myself subconsciously staring at his retreating back. "Wait! Kabeer!"

He turned and looked at me questioningly. "Yes, Miss Faiz?"

"I'm thinking of taking a little break, and I always wanted to go see Faisal Mosque." I said. "Can you give me some touristic tips regarding getting there and getting back, please?"

"I can tell you that the resort can arrange transport for you, at an extra cost." He smiled slightly. "The driver can take you there and back. Completely safe and secure."

"Yeah, that sounds great." I nodded. I smoothed down my double layered long dress. The upper layer was green, the colour of leaves in springtime. This layer ended just above the ankle. The lower layer of the dress was white with floral patterns and was longer. "When can they take me?"

"I can arrange something for you." He said. "If you give me a few minutes, I will let you know."

"Thank you. I'm going to my room. Please let me know on the intercom." I began to gather up my paperwork and shut the lid of my laptop.

"No problem, Miss Faiz." He nodded and turned to walk away.

"You can call me Aizah." I slid the laptop into its bag and looked at him.

"That would go against the rules of our resort, Miss Faiz. Guests are to be address as either Madam or Sir, or by their titles and surnames."

"Fair enough. Although I won't really tell anyone if you broke the rule." I grinned.

"Some of us have no choice but to abide by the rules." He said. "Breaking rules is for the privileged; for those who can afford facing the consequences."

I was stunned by his words. And to be honest, he wasn't wrong. I knew how society worked. I knew how the whole damn world worked. The world was more lenient to those with heavier pockets. "Sorry, I meant no offence..." I felt like a spoilt, privileged brat.

"No offence taken, Miss Faiz." With a curt nod, he headed away.

I sighed. Can you ever keep your mouth shut, Aizah?