2 | Unknown Feelings

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Farhaan

"Why did you call off the wedding?" Hoor asked. Dressed in formal black trousers, a pink blouse and a black blazer, her professional outfit was for the interview for the position of Assistant Lecture, which she had been successful in. She had come here straight away to tell me and give me mithai because I'd been the one who'd sent her the link for the job.

"Because it didn't feel right. And when I finally performed Istikhara, it confirmed my doubts." I replied simply. "Sophie is a very, very good person. She deserves someone who is a hundred percent sure of her." 

She opened her mouth, as if she wanted to say something, but her phone vibrated and she glanced down at it. "It's Papa. I really have to rush. Thank you once again for sending me the link of the job. Allah Hafiz." With a little wave of her hand she left, her ponytail swinging behind her.

Glancing down at the mithai box, I opened it and smiled. It was balushahi, my favourite.

*Balushahi is a doughnut-shaped crispy and flaky traditional sweet.

Hoor was always so considerate of everyone's preferences and favourites.

*

FLASHBACK

THIRD PERSON POV

The eldest amongst her siblings, Hoor tended to take charge of things. When she was ten, her mother and Hareem Khalla (a.k.a. Reem Khalla) took the kids out to the cinema to watch an animated film.

Hoor took her little notebook and pink glittering pen from her small bag, making the kids stand in line. "Okay. I'm gonna ask you all your choices in age order. Popcorns or nachos? Sweet popcorn or salted? And nachos with jalapenos or without?" She wrote down her own order of salted popcorn, then turned to Haya. 

"Sweet and salted popcorn." Haya said. "I like the best of both worlds."

Hoor made a note, before turning to look at eight-year-old Shayaan. 

"Nachos with cheese and jalapenos." Shayaan, her Mamu's son, replied. "Extra jalapenos."

"Sweet popcorn." Harris Emaad, also eight, said.

"Popcorn with jalapenos." Rohaan, seven, laughed.

"Be serious, Rohaan." Hoor told him off.

"You are such a party pooper." Rohaan rolled his eyes. "Nachos and jalapenos."

"Salty popcorn." Six-year-old Arsalan told his choice before Hoor even asked.

Five-years-old Ifra Emaad was too busy running around to care about the world around her.

"Just write down salted popcorn for her, Hoor." Hareem said, wearily, before chasing after her daughter. "Ifra, get back here right now or no film for you!" 

"Aren't you going to ask me and Hareem Khalla our orders?" Anabia teased her eldest daughter.

"You like salted popcorn too, so you I can share. Hareem Khalla likes nachos with cheese and jalapenos." Hoor replied. "I'll go place the order, and you all can come and help me carry it." She turned to head to the counter, and everyone else followed- only after Anabia asked them to do so.