49 | Threat

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Haya

At least I ever won't complain that my wedding wasn't memorable.

Hoor and Farhaan Bhai had been threatened regarding the B&B, so my twin was on edge.

Arsal was brooding over his wrong-timing love story.

My parents were being formal with each other, only for the sake of appearances.

It was almost a joke from the universe that Rohaan was the only one of my family members who was behaving normally.

It was clear enough that Dado noticed it over a family dinner one Sunday, which included our family and Chachu's- minus Hoor.

"I cannot bear this." My paternal grandmother set her spoon down, looking around.

"What, Mum?" Papa asked her.

"Seeing Haya." Dado replied.

"What did I do?" I looked at her, wide-eyed.

"Everyone is finally realising that you're Behaya." Rohaan teased.

I glared at him.

"I meant, I can't see her like this. It's her wedding soon, and at this point the bride should be kept as stress-free as possible. She should be loved, pampered, and not dragged in the middle of avoidable family drama." Dado said, sternly.

"Mum, it's just..." Papa began with a sigh.

"Is this an issue that has to be prioritised over Haya's happiness and wellbeing?" Dado interrupted.

My father shook his head, looking defeated. "No issue is bigger than her happiness and wellbeing, Mum."

"I'm telling everyone in this room very clearly: I would not tolerate any of my grandchildren to be put under unnecessary family drama stress right before their wedding. I mean, it should not be happening anyway, but certainly not at such a special time in their lives. Am I right, Tariq?" Dado turned to Dada Jaan.

"Absolutely, Nina." Dada Jaan added. "And if anyone has any problem with this, Haya is more than welcome to come and stay here until her wedding. At least she'll be pampered here."

A feeling of warmth spread inside me as I looked gratefully at my grandparents. 

"Who is troubling our Haya?" Chachu asked, lightly.

"Don't look at me. I'm innocent for once." Rohaan held up both hands, as if in surrender.

"I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just saying that everyone needs to ensure that the bride-to-be gets as less stress as possible." Dado said. 

Arsal, who sat next to me, leaned to whisper, "Sorry, Appi. This is my fault."

"Relax, Arsu. Don't go onto the self-loathing path again. Every family has issues." I whispered back.

I didn't blame anyone. I knew that my family would never intentionally cause me anxiety. But it still felt good how Dado had stood up for me. 

I just wish there's no further drama till my wedding.

*

Hooriya

I was working late.  Sitting at the desk in Farhaan's office- our office- at the B&B, I was ordering out toiletries on the laptop: those little bottles of shampoo, body wash, bars of soap, hand gel, etc, that we provided in each bathroom.