Twelve

"Luna?" I stop looking up to see a man with grey hair, normal skin and brown eyes. He's in old man clothing that one would see in old professors at a university "Luna Morningstar?" It has been a couple months and I'm back in Seattle with John, today is my day off but I decided to come into the hospital to get a checkup for my downstairs business. Unfortunately it was with Addison so it was both weird and yeah.

"Yes?" I ask "can I help you with something?"

He stares at me "Um...it's me...Thatcher" my ex step father. I stare at him "it's good to see you, your a very beautiful young woman"

"Have you seen Meredith?" I ask "What brings you by?"

Shaking his head "Once before but not today...my daughter...my youngest Molly she's having surgery"

"You have another daughter?" I ask

He nods his head "I'm sorry" he apologized "for leaving"

"Between the two of us" I say "Meredith would have needed you the most" luckily my dad was there, he was a father to her as best as he could but Meredith was hard.

Nodding his head "Congratulations on your engagement"

"Thanks" I smile "he works here, my fiancé"

"Are you a doctor?" He asks

"Do you" I ask "want to get some coffee?"

Nodding his head "Yeah, I'd like that—do you want to meet Molly? My wife?"

"Is that a good idea?" I ask

He's silent "Maybe...I don't know"

After some time of silence "Sure...I'll meet them" he nods his head and I follow him to a room where we see Meredith giving who I assume is Molly an exam "Mere"

Meredith looks at her dad then to me and I hear her heart racing, she leaves the room quickly "Meredith!" Her dad calls out.

"Dad?" Molly asks "who's this woman?"

I look at Thatcher "I'm sorry, but Meredith needs me"

"I understand" nodding his head, I go after Meredith who I find in an exam room destroying cast plaster.

"Did you know?" She demands

"I just saw him" I tell her, looking over I see Dr. Callie Torres "your Callie right? George likes you, you should know that George is sweet and funny and you'd be lucky to have him"

She stares at me before saying "That is what a friend is" looking at Izzie hardly "you two don't see him, make sure to clean that up" she leaves when Meredith throws the mallet on the floor.

"Let's get a drink" I suggest to Meredith after she cleans up the mess.

~Later~

"How...how could he?!" Meredith drinks another shot of tequila "I mean...is this family meant to replace me? That's probably it! He meant to replace me! He doesn't love me!"

After meeting her dad, I brought her here to Elysium saying to Bailey that Meredith is really unwell. But now...Meredith is just drinking and drinking. I'm quite worried about her, she keeps bottling up her emotions.

"I hate him!" Meredith cries, I hold her as she cries in my arms. I see John come over and I shake my head.

"I'll be back" I tell her as she grabs the bottle of tequila now, going over to John "hey"

"You were at the hospital today?" He asks "I heard how you went in for an appointment"

"A routine checkup" I tell him "a pap smear and just to make sure I've got no diseases...I saw my ex stepfather"

"Thatcher Grey?" He asks, I nod my head "Addison has a case with his youngest daughter" looking over to Meredith "does Mere know?"

"It's why she's drunk" I say "I'm really worried about her"

"Let's bring her home" John says, going over to Meredith we help her away from the bar when she tries to stay. Shaking my head, this isn't good. Not good at all.

"Do you think" I ask "I should set up an appointment with a therapist for her? Cause at this point I think she needs one"

"Most definitely" he agrees "so...when do you want to get married?"

"I don't know, but what I do know is that I want our wedding to be in nature" I say "I don't want it to be inside, I know some people will want that but I'm not one of those people...I've decided on who I want for bridesmaids"

"Really?" He asks "who?"

"My sister Meredith, my Aunt Maze, Cristina, my friend Mia and all four of your sisters" I say, he raises an eyebrow at that "what? I really like your sisters...oh! Weddings are perfect to help Meredith find someone! Who have you decided for groomsmen?"

"My brother, Burke, my friends Sam, Mark—a different Mark from Mark Sloan, Daniel, Cormac,
Elliot Grey" he lists friends "and Christian Grey"

"Your friends with Christian Grey?" I ask

He nods his head "Do you know him?"

"Yeah" nodding my head "we kind of...were you know? We fucked"

"Oh?" He says, he nods his head "oh...oh"

"This was long ago" quickly explaining "it was one night in a bathroom"

Nodding his head "I get it but...wow, I didn't think he was like that"

"Oh! We should set Elliot and my sister up!" I exclaim "or maybe Meredith and Christian!" I've heard that his tastes have changed but maybe Meredith is the kind of person for him! Or maybe Elliot!