Eighteen

"Your not going to the funeral?" Elliot asks me, he is going with Meredith to the funeral for Susan Grey. Meredith cared for Susan more than me, besides I'm more focused on the exams which is today.

Shaking my head "Meredith was closer to Susan than me, I just hope Meredith comes back in time for her exams"

I watch as Meredith comes by in a black dress with an umbrella "Are you ready?" Elliot asks Meredith, she nods her head.

"I've got to go Cristina" Meredith says as Cristina questions her before the exams.

"What is a Biloma?" She asks

"A biloma is an intraperitoneal bile fluid collection" Meredith says, I look off to her seeing Thatcher Grey stumble out of the elevator "okay? I'll be fine"

"Mere" I say

"Luna" shaking her head

"Thatcher" I motion and she turns around to see him come over angrily, I go over to her not liking how he looks. Especially how he bit Meredith last time.

"Hey" she says to him "I...I...I was just on my way"

"No" his breath is filled with alcohol as he forms his slurred words "I...I came here to tell you you're not wanted, I don't want you at any funeral Meredith, Luna"

"Thatcher" the chief says "why don't you"

"She trusted you!" Thatcher yells at Meredith "and you killed her! You did! You killed my wife!"

"My sister didn't kill your wife!" I snap at him as his daughter Molly snaps "Dad!"

He looks at me "I don't want your whore ass anywhere near"

"I'm not going to her funeral since I barely knew her!" I snap at him "you were never a father to Meredith, my dad was. When mom divorced you you could have been apart of Meredith's life but you weren't. You created a new life, one where you deemed Meredith not be apart of!"

"Luna" John is by my side since I know people are looking at us.

"Meredith didn't know about Molly here" Molly stares at us silent "until Molly came in and she was told by an attending that Meredith had a sister other than me! Susan was the one who tried after our mom died, you didn't! Don't come in here and yell at my sister for caring about Susan since Susan tried to be apart of her life when you didn't—you are nothing more than a coward" when he goes to hit me, John catches his wrist.

"Take your father to your mother's funeral" John tells Molly who nods her head staring at us or more like me, then to Meredith like she didn't know. She probably didn't.

I look at Meredith, she looks at me "I'll always be on your side and I meant what I said" she cries and I hug her, Elliot takes Meredith from me to go to a room since people are looking at we know how Meredith hates this attention.

"That was harsh" Izzie says to me as I look at the others "the man lost his wife"

"He was taking his anger out on my sister" shaking my head "call it what you will but I'll always protect my sister"

"Remind me" Cristina says "to never get on your bad side"

"She went over the line" Izzie argues

"Actually I think Thatcher Grey did" Cristina says "I mean him coming in here and telling Meredith that it was her fault? Luna just stood up for her sister"

"He's lucky I didn't use any of my skills on him" they stare at me "I could have killed him, was very tempted to" looking at John "you know your marrying a monster right?"

Shaking his head "Not a monster, I'm marrying a beautiful angel" smiling we kiss, pulling away I see Meredith stopped crying but she's still upset. Maybe dad could come up to visit? It's like what I said, he's more of a father to her than Thatcher.

~Later~

"These are amazing!" Cristina exclaims as she drinks the margaritas I'm made, well I'm making a second batch "if you didn't make it as a surgeon you could bartend at your own night club"

"Aren't you opening a restaurant with Elliot?" Meredith asks

Nodding my head "We're opening a type of pub, from what Elliot has told me is that the restaurant should be ready in a few months. He'll set a date with me on when we will interview the workers—So Mere? How do you feel about Elliot? Do you love him?"

Nodding her head "I do and before you ask since I know you know the answer through your fiancé...yes, I do love Elliot and I can picture a life with him. You know? Picket fence? Kids?"

"What the hall am I going to do about the stupid vows?" Cristina complains changing the subject.

"You still haven't written your vows?" Meredith asks

"Vows are crap!" She snaps

"No their not" Izzie shakes her head

"Well, what the hell am I supposed to say?" Cristina demands

"Say" she looks at me "from the moment I saw him, I knew he was the one...or say I never expected to fall in love but I did, I'm a surgeon at heart and only planned for surgery by myself but with you Preston I truly see doing more than just surgery"

"Okay I like that" Cristina points at me "better than saying I'll love you for every day of my life crap? I mean that's not real—I mean" looking at Callie, after enough time Callie is apart of our group "that's not how it works, right?"

"It passes" Meredith says as Callie says "at first"

"It doesn't" Izzie cuts them off "you guys are just used to it, that's all. You already have it, you have that thing everybody else wants. You can take it for granted, but let me tell you if you didn't—if you couldn't be with the person you love I can guarantee that hearing him promise to love you and honor you and cherish you no matter what" oh my god, does she care of George? "It would be pretty much all you could think about"

We are silent, I look at Callie and she's thinking what I'm thinking. Cristina however asks "Wait, can you say that again—just slowly?"

"Your talking about Denny" Meredith asks seeing the way Callie wants to murder Izzie "right?"

"Yeah" brushing it off as she blends the drink together.