Twenty Two

~Luna's POV~

"Let's adopt a baby" John looks at me as we are driving to Seattle Grace, it's been three months since the wedding-John and I spent two months for our honeymoon. We mostly spent it either naked together, on the beach, sight seeing, or something. When we got back I quickly entered the competition between Meredith, Cristina, Izzie and Alex for the sparkle pager. A resident's holy grail. I am winning, because I found out that what brings you over the top is what your interns know and how well you are teaching them. So my interns have been diagnosing cases that I give them that I have already diagnosed so that they can learn. The other four are terrible teachers that their interns are coming to me.

"What?" Looking at John as he parks the car "a baby? You want to adopt a baby?"

"Yeah" nodding his head "what do you think?"

"I think it's kind of crazy" shrugging my shoulders "I mean are we even responsible or anything to adopt a baby?"

"I mean we don't have to adopt a baby" he says "we could always adopt a child or foster a teenager"

"But do you think we both are ready for that kind of responsibility?" Trying to get back to the point, I mean sure I want kids but now? I don't know and to adopt? The child would have to be a child since I can't trust a teenager, I feel like they would blackmail me if they knew the truth.

"Just think about it" John says "we don't have to adopt right now but I'd like for us to adopt at least one baby"

Pressing my lips together, I think it over "I'll think about it, but first I have a contest to win" quickly kissing him before leaving and running into the building to change into scrubs.

My interns are in the ER in the yellow gowns "How many are coming in?"

"Just one" Chen says, I go outside with my interns behind me to see the others look my way.

"How the hell are you winning?" Izzie demands

"Huh?" I ask

"Your ahead of us" Cristiana complains "by two hundred points, how is that possible?"

"My secret" shrugging my shoulders as the ambulance comes in and Izzie gets it, when a car comes in we go to it and see people attacked by a bear.

I get the woman in the front seat "Murray get a gurney now, Chen page my husband, Morgan help me" she helps me bring the pregnant woman out of the car who is covered in blood.

"My baby" she cries "my baby...is my baby okay?"

"Don't worry ma'am" I tell her "your at Seattle Grace" Murray comes out with a gurney and we put her on it before rolling her into trauma room three "Chen, assess"

"Ma'am can you tell us your name?" She asks as Murray sets up an ultrasound machine, Morgan checks her blood pressure while Chen gets information.

"My name is Annabeth" she cries "is my husband going to be okay? My husband was attacked by the bear protecting me and the baby"

I do an ultrasound for the pregnancy as my interns check to see where the injuries could be. John soon comes in and I say "Annabeth Higgens, twenty nine who seems healthy enough but we will get her checked for a head CT-the woman came in with her husband from a bear attack" the girls run out to schedule an immediate head CT "the baby seems healthy but" pointing to the mass on the placenta that I found and had my girls figure out what it could be.