Forty Seven

~A Two Months Later~

"My brother" Derek is up front speaking to everyone as we are at John's funeral, he died during the surgery since his body couldn't handle any more stress. After the first surgery that Tom preformed it went well that he woke up, we spent time with him but then a few days later there was an infection and Tom did another surgery but this surgery he died. "was the best man I have ever known-in the recent years I watched him change from never wanting a family to having a wonderful wife who he loved so much" more tears run down my face "amazing beautiful children" beside me Amelia, dad and Mrs. Shepherd are helping me hold our kids "I'll never forget the time we accidentally crashed into a tree or the day John took a bullet for me, I will forever love him and one day we will meet again"

Getting up after him, I hand Amara and Naya to their aunt who is here since she's considered family. I go to the pedestal and say "I never thought I could let myself love someone as much as I love John, he's everything I could have" closing my eyes taking a deep breath "he was my first love, I don't know why this is happening all I know is that god is unfair" why did he let this happen? So soon? My kids shouldn't have lost their father so soon "the only part that is helping me continue is the fact that through my children, John still lives. That makes me cry since not only will they grow up without a father, their so young that they won't remember him when their older. They won't remember how amazing John was to not only his family but to those around him. They won't remember his voice or his scent like I will. I want him back" crying as I leave the stand sitting down.

We watch as the coffin lowered with my husband, grandpa why did you do this? You saw how happy I was on my wedding day. You know I love him. Why did you let this happen?

After the funeral, we are back in my home and I just sit on the couch lying down holding a pillow to me as I cry. No one comes near me as I cry, before seeing John leave his ghost visited me because Aunt Azriel let it happen.

Dad holds me as we watch from the OR gallery Tom try to bring my husband back. When he couldn't, people around us cries as dad and I see John's ghost come up to us.

He walks over to me and tells me "I love you Luna, I know you'll always love me but if you have the chance to find love again find it"

"He can't" I cry as dad rubs my shoulder "leave me, our children"

"Let them know I will always watch over them" John tells me as he tries to take my hand but he can't "and that I regret nothing, you and our children are the best things that have ever happened to me"

More tears run down my face "I also want to say this, if you find love again don't shut the person out. I'll be fine, I just want you to be happy"

~Italy~

"Succo di mirtillo rosso in un bicchiere di vino" Cranberry juice in a wine glass I order as I'm sitting at the bar with the bartender. Grabbing a peanut I eat it. I'm going to do the one thing I'm good at doing, the only thing that could get my mind off of John even for a few moments.

I'm taking a week off from work and dad is staying in Washington to watch over the kids while I'm here in Italy since I don't know. I pointed on a map and decided to come here to Italy. So I put on this halter neck backless blue short dress with silver strappy heels and some blue smoky eyeshadow with red lipstick. I have two silver stud earrings with a simple silver bracelet. The dress lucky isn't tight but a bit flowy so it hides my small bump, I'm finally showing but not too much.