Seventeen

"Ready for the exams?" I ask Luna as she scrubs in for her ex step father wife's surgery. She's coming in since she is having complications after her outpatient surgery for the hiccups she's been having "I mean since your scrubbing in on a surgery"

"Perfectly ready" I undo her mask to kiss her before putting her mask back on, I watch her go into surgery like she owns the place. God I love that, how Luna just walks into places with such confidence.

She didn't want Meredith coming in and doing anything, I go up to the gallery to watch her since Meredith is with her father in the waiting area trying to comfort him. But I don't think it will help since there's that one percent that don't make it, I think this Susan is that one percent. I think Luna also knows this so it's why she doesn't want Meredith to be here, so that if this Susan does die then Meredith's father would blame Luna.

For the next hour those in the gallery with me watch as Luna tries to help Bailey and Webber save Susan but nothing happens. Luna I watch since only I can see it, but she tries to use her power to manipulate lightning to shock Susan's heart as discreetly as she can. But after a few minutes, Luna stops to say "Time of death...10:49 pm"

I leave the gallery to go to Luna, she doesn't talk about it. Her mom, ever since she died she hasn't spoken about her mom. When I find Luna, I see her letting out some tears "I couldn't save her"

"You did everything you could" pulling her into my embrace.

"She was more of a mother to Meredith than our own mother" from what I understand, Susan tried to be apart of both girls lives. Get Thatcher too since Luna was his daughter for a short time before her mom left him "mom's in hell" that's why she won't talk about it, if it was my own mom I'd not talk about it. Knowing that mom is currently in hell being tortured.

"I'm so sorry Luna" rubbing her back

"I need to tell Meredith and her father" Luna pulls away wiping her tears "it would be better coming from me" I am beside Luna as she, Webber and Bailey go to where Thatcher Grey is. I let go of Luna's hand to watch as she tells them "I'm so sorry...we did everything we could"

Meredith has tears in her eyes as does her father "You...you said it was a simple...simple procedure"

"For most" Luna nods her head "there was always that...one percent"

Shaking his head "She isn't gone" denial, I watch carefully what would happen.

"I'm sorry" Meredith offers letting some tears go and we watch as Thatcher slaps Meredith hard causing her to stumble.

"Meredith!" I go to her side along with Luna, Luna gets up to look at Thatcher in anger "Go home, now"

Thatcher looks at Luna in anger "Don't tell me what to do"

"I better not see you near Meredith or me again" Luna says, she goes to Meredith who has a red handprint on her face. But Meredith runs away "Mere"

Webber, Bailey and Derek who were here saw what happened and are shocked. Luna runs after her sister while I glare at the father who crumbles to the floor, shaking my head I walk away as Derek thinks about going to Meredith "Don't" I warn him.

"John" he says

"She's not in the state to see anyone" I say lowly "Meredith will do something she will regret if you go to her right now-don't cause anymore trouble for her" if Derek went to her the two would fuck and Meredith's feelings would be all complicated "you can see her later but not now"