Fourteen

~A Couple Months Later~

"Why aren't you going to fight to be chief?" I ask John as I stand between him and Addison, Addison and I have grown closer since what I did months ago with Denny Duquette and how the other interns besides Alex went to Izzie's side while I didn't. This all could have been avoided if I had just been more vigilant or something, unfortunately that wasn't the case.

"Because" John looks at me "being Chief is an administrative job, takes up most of my day so I won't be able to spend time with you. I've seen how the Chief acts, how he is now going through a divorce because of his job and I don't want that"

"Oh" placing my hand on his cheek "I love you"

"I love you too" leaning into each other we kiss briefly before seeing Derek come up to the chief to kiss his ass about wanting to be the new chief of surgery. Burke first came up but now it's Derek.

"I don't think the chief will give up being chief of surgery" I say leaning on the counter. Clicking my tongue "because Adele as kind and wonderful as she is, she isn't enough"

"What would be enough?" Addison asks me

"At this point death" I say "I mean, being Chief is all he knows and if he doesn't be chief anymore he won't know what to do. He could travel but he'll want to go back to surgery...maybe if my mom was lucid he would let her be chief and have a life with her...I don't know. We don't know"

"How are things with Meredith and Elliot Grey?" Oh yes, my sister even though we have a strained relationship she and I are slowly getting back to one another with trust. As are the others but more so Mere, but yeah she and Elliot are really happy. Elliot wants to introduce her to his family and she is very scared.

"Are t you going to get in there?" Mark asks Addison

"Why don't you have a baby?" I ask Addison, she looks at me "be a single mom"

"I'm dead set on being chief" she says "I'll let them kill each other then I'll swoop in being he only one left standing"

"There's also me" Mark says "you guys underestimate me"

"Do you know what I find scary?" My fiancé, Addison and Mark look at me "I truly believe Mark would make a better Chief than the four candidates"

"That is scary" Addison agrees

"John? Luna? Care to see the new free clinic that Bailey opened up?" Oh yes, Izzie used eight million dollars that she was given by Denny after he died to open a free clinic. The Denny Duquette memorial clinic.

"Sure" nodding our heads

Once we are by the Chief, Mark asks "Chief? John, Luna and I were about to go visit the new clinic? Care to join us? Show Dr. Bailey support since this is the first day it's opening"

"I'd be happy to" he nods his head "count me in, gentlemen if you shall excuse me" John wraps an arm around my shoulder as I wrap one around his waist "so John? Luna? How are wedding plannings coming along?"

"We've decided to get married October first" John tells them "we hired a wedding planner since we have crazy schedules and yeah, Luna is actually going to be trying on wedding dresses soon since my sisters will be visiting"

"All of them?" Mark snorts "I'm sure that will be fun"

"It'll be fine, Meredith will be there along with my other brides maids" I say "because that day we will also be choosing bridesmaid dresses"